C2C Cycling Hub Objections

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The end of the c2c is pretty underwhelming but my friends and I have offset this by visiting Minchella's ice cream parlour. (Hope the spelling is correct!)

AndyRM

XOXO

Your second link doesn't show the bit they want to build on/under.

This does:

tyemouth.jpg

While I think it's a good design, and a cracking idea, it's not without flaws.

AndyRM

XOXO
Change. As a species we don't like change.

I've gone on the planning portal and wittered in favour of the application. Utter waste of key strokes.

There have been a few meetings about it which I've attended. More folk seem in favour of it than against, and North Tyneside Council is big on regeneration right now so hopefully it will go ahead. They rejected (rightly IMO) plans for a private residence last time building in the area was suggested.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
There have been a few meetings about it which I've attended. More folk seem in favour of it than against, and North Tyneside Council is big on regeneration right now so hopefully it will go ahead. They rejected (rightly IMO) plans for a private residence last time building in the area was suggested.
Most of the coast to coast routes suffer from terrible "is that it" endings. Whilst I've not been to Tynemouth since about 18 months ago I genuinely reckon it would be good for the area to have this.

AndyRM

XOXO
Most of the coast to coast routes suffer from terrible "is that it" endings. Whilst I've not been to Tynemouth since about 18 months ago I genuinely reckon it would be good for the area to have this.

Agreed. One of the current objections is the (not totally unreasonable) concern around it being open a bit late. One of the most outspoken folks changed their minds after an evening spent in the Cycle Hub in the city centre Quayside which has helped!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Whitehaven has the sculpture sign, an ice cream van, and a pub across the pavement. What more could you want :biggrin:

Tojo

Über Member
I live fairly locally and I thought it would be a good thing considering the popularity of the C2C, but I know what the locals are like about any change in Tynemouth and the local traders will be at the heart of it thinking it will deplete their businesses, which I don't believe that it would make much difference as a lot of C2C'ers:whistle: grab a bite to eat and a pint from the local hostelry's then load there bikes into transport and promptly head home.....:whistle:

Top Bottom