C2C in a day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Havent sorted out hotels at Whitby yet. Lots to chose from tho :smile:

The last section is a b'stard though. The North Yorks moors are very lumpy, and the final couple of hills when you've nothing left in the legs are sheer hell.

Last 2 miles are downhill tho - so that's alright. :smile:

Ive done the c2c before but over two days, so remember the Yorkshire moors very well, but to make it worse we did the St Bees to Robin hoods bay, and just when you think your done due to getting to Whitby, its then 12miles up hill to Robin Hoods Bay.

I found that the majority of hotels and B&Bs in Whitby have a 2 night stay rule, the one I got into had just been taken over and a Cpl of days before I booked I noticed they also had changed to the two night rule in summer months.

:sad: Gutted.

Can't believe it's full. This was my goal. :cry:

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
There may be a few places come up next year due to cancellations.
Sign up for the companies newsletter/keep an eye on the website, but I suspect there will be quite a few people chasing any places that do come up

good luck.

albion

Guru
Sounds a really good group ride

I had planned to do the T2W (Toon to Whitby) and back in a day Friday but, now rather regrettably, a morning puncture made me decide I was cutting the daylight timing too fine.
It is certainly a 150 mile too all-in (likely maximum distance) so if anyone is interested in a 13 mph flattish plod, let me know.
I'm slowing down and am now a fairer weather cyclist for the longer rides.

OP
OP
Kestevan

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Bike cleaned, dismantled and packed away.
Bags packed.
I've even worked out how to fold up the tent this year (fatal last words),

All ready for the train tomorrow..... just realised how bloody heavy the bike & assorted clobber is when it's in a big bag.....

Top Bottom