C2C in Winter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
*Looks out of window*

Should be fine but bring your snow tyres, the cyclepath is under about 2" snow still. :biggrin:

I'm planning on riding it sometime between New Year and March 31st, can't see it being a problem :smile:

hubbike

go for it!

winter tips:

layering. several good fleeces.

A good selection of gloves of different thickness and mittens. ideal for adjusting your temperature.

dress warmer when you go downhill.

Lights. it gets dark sooner and can be murky in the day.

Service the bike. if you have to fiddle with things or fix a puncture outside, your hands will get very cold...

eat in pubs. they're warm.

Garz

Squat Member
*Looks out of window*

Should be fine but bring your snow tyres, the cyclepath is under about 2" snow still. :biggrin:

I'm planning on riding it sometime between New Year and March 31st, can't see it being a problem :smile:

Reminds me of:

A piece of motorway and piece of dual carriage way are enjoying a drink in the pub. In walks a piece of red tarmac. The bit of motorway whispers to the bit of carrageway "Come on lets drink up and go before the trouble starts; He's a bit of a cyclepath!"

laugh.gif

cnb

Veteran
AS LONG AS YOU PLAN YOUR OVER NIGHT STOPS YOU SHOULD BE OK... if camping take a good sleeping bag and insulating mat..

lowrider73

Mmm, could be a no-goer. At the present moment, here in Teesside, had some very heavy snow tonight, about 4"-6" thick in places. Someone said, there is about 8" up in Weardale and some drifting with it.

Top Bottom