C2W issues with bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
My preferred outcome now, would be either a new bike, or return the bike, end the agreement & have my payments made so far refunded, but I doubt either will happen :blush:

Peteaud

Veteran
Does the sale of goods act apply to something you are only hiring? Still awaiting further response from CS, but may call trading standards on Monday to see where I stand.
Damage photographed & emailed, but it doesnt look as bad on the photos as in the flesh
I haven't lost my rag on the phone yet, I'm a very patient person, but my patience is fast running out with CS

As far as i know yes, because it is not fit for purpose.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Ring and ask where your bike is, when they say it was delivered back ask them when and tell them you've not received it, when they answer this ask them for a P.O.D. Check mate! ;)
I think in hindsight that would have been my best option. I'd have a new bike then & a few spare parts ^_^ I'm too honest sometimes though :blush:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Update, today they have agreed to collect the bike & refund my payments so far, which I think is my best option. After the shoddy service all along I didnt fancy another bike & any more problems. Trouble is now I have spare lights, saddle, pedals etc, so need another bike to fit them to ^_^

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
The C2W wont be open to me, unless I go for an exchange rather than refund with Wheelies, but I'd rather look elsewhere :thumbsup: Not much in the way of hub gear that I fancy, so may go the other way & get one of those modern carbon jobbies ^_^

classic33

Leg End Member
Reject the goods.

Contact them and say that you are rejecting the goods under the sale of goods act, it is not fit for purpose.

I would also photograph the damage and email this to them.

Don,t lose your rag with who is on the phone tho.
Does the sale of goods act apply to something you are only hiring? Still awaiting further response from CS, but may call trading standards on Monday to see where I stand.
Damage photographed & emailed, but it doesnt look as bad on the photos as in the flesh
I haven't lost my rag on the phone yet, I'm a very patient person, but my patience is fast running out with CS
Goods must be as decribed.
Fit for the purpose for which they were intended. Includes any implied purpose.
Of merchandisable quality.

I'd say they failed on the last two points.

If you were hiring something for use in the house, would you have let them get away for so long. Same rules apply.

broadway

Veteran
I got the bike on 21st June, had a couple of issues which were sorted locally, but then after further problems the supplier arranged to collect the bike at the beginning of September. It's a shimano Alfine hub & tbh i dont think it's been right from day 1 :sad:

It sounds like they don't know much about hub gears as you do, it's probably the same in a other cycle shops. They probably should have replaced the wheel.to sort the matter out.

Top Bottom