C2W question - buying upgrades only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I read somewhere that they've recently changed the rules so that you don't actually need to buy a bike with your C2W voucher as accessories etc for an existing one will help you get cycling just as much as a new one would. Can't find it on a very quick & lazy google search tho.

Does anyone know if this extends to upgrades to an existing bike?

My beloved folder has had a bit of a career ending transmission failure & unless I can scrape together several hundred quid to fix or convert it back to pristine condition, it'll languish in the shed awaiting a dramatic economic upturn at chez SBIB.

Raging Squirrel

Theres a feature on C2W in one of this months mags near the front. I personally don't think you can just buy upgrades because it's really meant to be a "hire" scheme, where you hire tge bike from the company you work for. I may be wrong though I've never heard of accessories or parts only

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Also says on that page though...

What safety equipment is allowed?

Allowable safety equipment includes:
  • Cycle helmets
  • Bells
  • Lights, including dynamo packs
  • Mirrors and mudguards to ensure riders visibility is not impaired
  • Cycle clips and dress guards
  • Panniers, luggage carriers and straps to allow luggage to be safely carried
  • Child safety seats
  • Locks and chains to ensure cycle can be safely secured
  • Pumps, puncture repair kits, cycle tool kits and tyre sealant to allow for minor repairs
  • Reflective clothing along with white front reflectors and spoke reflectors
This list is by no means exhaustive, so if you do have questions about what equipment you can obtain please contact our Help Desk. Bicycle components such as Frames etc are not permitted.

400bhp

Guru
And i think it means you can buy them along with a bike, not just on their own.

Depends upon the discretion of the bike shop.

Top Bottom