C90 adventures by ed march on YouTube

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
I've been following the above YouTube series and thought i would share it here on cycle chat. This guy is hilarious to watch as he travels around all four corners of the globe on his 90cc Honda step through chicken chaser bike. The best one to date is his adventure that's taking him from Alaska to Argentina. It may not be to everybody's taste but for me it's one of the best series I've watched for years. Some of the scrapes that ed and Rachel endure, and get through have had me in fits of laughter in each and every episode.
Well worth a watch :-)

classic33

Leg End Member
It was the little Honda 50 that was the chicken chaser

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoGkIjMfgoY

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I rode from Birmingham to Weston super Mare on a 1962 50cc Honda Cub, two up, with camping gear, in 1972.
It felt like the longest journey I ever did.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I rode Newcastle to Wolverhampton in 9 hours on the 70cc version. I could go on motorways but they were too scary with trucks blasting past sending me and the overloaded bike swerving onto the hard shoulder. Shap was interesting in fog and rain and by Stafford I was blasting down the A6 when the engine seized, locking the rear wheel. I realised it was sizzling hot (almost no cooling fins and definitely not designed for sustained high speed) so waited half an hour then restarted it. It ran but with piston slap, meaning I had to get a rebore.

After that I graduated to a Honda CD 175, which I rode all round Scotland in atrocious weather, camping every night. It was not fun so I gave up and rode all the way back from Inverness to Newcastle in one exhausting run.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Ive had the C50, C70 and C90. Now I have the Honda Innova 125 which is far more suited to todays roads.

I have watched Ed for a long time now. He certainly gets around.

IMG_0879-1.jpg

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
My Dad was once told by a Honda executive that they'd sold more units of the C90 than the entire output of the British motorbike industry, ever.

Drago

Legendary Member
Isn't the Honda cub range the most successful mass produced motorised vehicle ever, with cracking on three times as many units built - and counting - than it's closest rival.

Top Bottom