Caad 3 Used..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
Just came across an ad for a Caad 3 second hand over here in Spain
Question.. Do they last well in general and is a price of £500 for a 2007/8 about right.
I will go and have a look depending on the replies here..

Cheers Boon

The CAAD3 was introduced in 1998, not 2007/8, so either the seller is way out with their dates, or it's a CAAD? and not a CAAD3.

Check out the vintage Cannondale brochures HERE

ColinJ of this parish has an older CAAD, a CAAD5 IIRC. He rates it very highly I believe. You could PM him for his thoughts, but please bear in mind he's not too well right now so may not reply too quickly, (I don't know how active he is on here at the moment).

I ride the current CAAD10 and it's a fantastic bike, but the difference between a 3 and a 10 will be night and day, so a comparison with the two would be pointless.

If you're not used to a more modern bike then it should be fine. Price seems steep IMO if it is a CAAD3. Remember, it's still a 14 year old bike/frame, no matter what the condition.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Thanks guys I will try and download the advert and I will get back to you..

PS Forget this advert as he has just informed me by email the bikes size and its way too small but I do have another if you have a minute..

For £550 I'd be a bit suspicious. It looks like a new bike. According to Google translate all the components are new, just the 'box' has been used but is in perfect condition, does this mean the frame?

For some perspective a 105 groupset in the UK is around £400, Shimano RS10 wheels are around £100 a pair, then factor in the finishing kit and cables etc, and you can see why it seems suspiciously cheap IMO:headshake:

FWIW the list price is IIRO of £1799 for a Cannondale Six Carbon 105.

FWIW this bike would have been built with a BB30 bottom bracket too. This would have had to have a conversion sleeve installed to fit the Shimano crank it now has. This is not a bad thing, (I've done the same thing on my C'dale as BB30 is crap), but on a carbon frame I'd be wary as to who fitted it. It's a press fit, once installed it can't be removed without destroying the frame, and it needs a fair amount of pressure to install it, hence checking who installed it.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Thanks Smokey..
Good piece of insight, now here's a odd one.
I was looking at a Bianchi 928 in our Segunda Mano (literally "second hand") where it was advertised at £500 pounds, not knowing what the bike was I Googled it, and found it to be about £2,500 pounds new, however on the same Google page the bike is advetised at £900 with the pick up in the Old Kent Rd London. It's the self same bike with the same photos and the same details, one in Spanish and one in English
http://www.segundamano.es/malaga/bianchi-928-carbon-road-bike/a36934410/?ca=29_s&st=a&c=16
http://www.gumtree.com/cgi-bin/email_poster.pl?posting_id=106720263&ziz=2668006599
A bit of dodgy dealing somewhere here !!!

PS.. Not sure on bike questions like this if this is the right place?

Boon

I'd probably post bike related Q's in HERE TBH.

I don't see any content when I click the Gumtree advert, just the title, but just looking at the top link something's not right for that price. Perhaps Segunda Mano is your equivalent to Gumtree?

Gumtree here is well known for scumbags selling stolen goods, and bikes are no exception :ninja:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I'd probably post bike related Q's in HERE TBH.

I don't see any content when I click the Gumtree advert, just the title, but just looking at the top link something's not right for that price. Perhaps Segunda Mano is your equivalent to Gumtree?

Gumtree here is well known for scumbags selling stolen goods, and bikes are no exception :ninja:

The related Q's will be entered where you advise.. cheers..

As for the other lot as you say it reeks of being stolen..

Laters..

Top Bottom