Caadx recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Has anybody been successful in getting Cannondale to colour match the forks as black will look crap?
I haven't even been successful in getting a Cannondale dealer to reply to email enquiries yet! Looks like I will have to phone around instead.

A black fork would look okay on MY bike, but I do quite like the coloured patches on the current fork.

Noelk

Anyone having problems getting the replacement fork fitted? I have been waiting over three months. The latest indication for a replacement fork will/may be January 2020 but I'm not holding my breath. It's a real pain without having the bike available.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I never got a reply to my emails, but haven't got round to trying by phone yet. I'm busy the next few days so I'll pencil it in for next week.

I've already given up on the idea of riding the bike for the rest of this year, but it would be nice to have it sorted out by/in January.

Thought I’d pop back on the Forum and let you know that Ive had the front fork of my 2016 CAADX 105 replaced under warranty by Rutland Cycles in Peterborough.

I rang up and registered after seeing the original post on this thread and was initially told that it would probably be January before my replacement fork came in. Anyway, I was surprised to get an email a couple of weeks ago saying my fork had come in and so booked my bike in for replacement yesterday.

Rutland Cycles did a great job and all is peachy.

Fork is plain black with a small grey muted Cannondale logo on each side. I prefer it to the original which was black with about a billion white graphics/logos all over it. Rides much the same as the original.

The replacement fork didn’t come with a new headset/crown race, so I took a new headset in and had them replace it while they had the old one dismantled anyway. My original had been showing signs of wear for a while.

Must admit to being impressed by the communications from Rutland Cycles throughout the process and also the quality of work, as the replacement involved swapping over mudguards, dynamo light and associated wiring.

Graham

Top Bottom