Cabbies, don't you just love them

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jmaccyd

Twenty Inch said:

I dislike and distrust black cab drivers. In my experience they are aggressive, bad drivers, and irresponsible.

As I often reply to general comments on such matters please put the word SOME in front of such things! In my experience (er...fifteen years in the trade, former Driving Instructor, member of ROSPA and keen cyclist) I have found my fellow driver's form two distinct groups. Those that 'have got it' and realise the best way to cope with the general nonsense that goes on in town is to adopt a sort of Zen like calm about your driving and actions. The second group haven't 'got it' and can/do behave in a way that lets down the trade

How do you deal with the second lot? It requires the PCO, the licensing authority for Taxis, to start taking seriously peoples complaints about bad driving like it used to in the days when I first got my badge.

Oh and an interesting statement that came out in the Mayoral elections, Taxi's are 'only' involved in 1% of collisions in London (yes, it suprised me too)

Top Bottom