Cable actuated hydraulic disc brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ozboz

Guru
Hiya , anyone fitted these type of brakes ? , my MTB frame change has turned into an almost everything change , so , discs are on the agenda , Ive just checked out the TRP Spyre HY - RD , reviews are sound , and appear to be a fairly hassle free installation , but always interested to find out what the word on the street is , so to speak,
Cheers ,

classic33

Leg End Member
I've a set, in a box, somewhere. Went for full hydraulic brakes as I felt these were a bit fiddly, light under the hand as well.
Didn't really trust them in use.

classic33

Leg End Member
Were they theTRP ones ?
If your not confident with them best to give em a swerve then ,
Forget the make, just didn't like the feel of them under the hand. Led to me not trusting them. Off within a month of having them fitted.

Don't let one persons experience with them stop you.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
Oh ! I didn't mean Id give them a swerve , it was more at you not being happy , one mans poison , so to speak

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Because they are/were an interim solution to a particular problem drop bars and disc brakes on road/cx bikes. For flat bars full hydraulics work fine. Full cable are ok too. For a drop bar mtb cable brakes like BB7 work fine. As they do on road bikes.

In short...

Because a thing can be done, and the tech exists to do it, doesn't mean it should be done.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Because a thing can be done, and the tech exists to do it, doesn't mean it should be done.

560361509-kungfu22.jpg

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
And there is no reason not to either, If I feel its worth it ,then i will go with it , I asked a question, some came back with answers , I thought that was what these forums were for ,

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
And there is no reason not to either, If I feel its worth it ,then i will go with it , I asked a question, some came back with answers , I thought that was what these forums were for ,

What you do with your own beer tokens is, of course, your own affair, but if you ask questions in a forum you can expect a wide range of responses.

You asked a question
I asked a question
Someone else asked a question
Answers were given

You may feel it is worth it. Thousands of mtb-ers probably wouldn't. I'm one of the latter.

Top Bottom