Cable hanger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bikemore

I have a trek 930 Singletrack serial # 1112995 , I think it’s a 1993 model ? I need a front brake cable hanger , there’s several options on Amazon but I’m not sure which one it requires , does anyone know a part number or where I can get the information to get the correct one ? Thanks

alicat

Legendary Member
Welcome to the forum. In your shoes, I'd have a look at SJS cycles: they're very good at odd parts. Or post on some more threads and then you will be able to post a pic of your current set up here and someone will be able to help.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You need a front cantilever brake cable hanger for a quill stem. Most types should work but I guess you’ve got the type that slides onto the stem and is secured by the locknuts. You’ll need to release the stem by undoing the bolt some way and giving it a good bash. Being nearly thirty years old it might need a bit of persuading to release.
Good luck.

BTW welcome to the forum :smile:

Last edited:

iluvmybike

Über Member
I have a trek 930 Singletrack serial # 1112995 , I think it’s a 1993 model ? I need a front brake cable hanger , there’s several options on Amazon but I’m not sure which one it requires , does anyone know a part number or where I can get the information to get the correct one ? Thanks

I probably have one of these - if you can send a photo and/or more details I can look it out for you

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
attachment.png

OP
OP
B

Bikemore

I have a trek 930 Singletrack serial # 1112995 , I think it’s a 1993 model ? I need a front brake cable hanger , there’s several options on Amazon but I’m not sure which one it requires , my bike had a suspension fork that i removed & put the original fork back on , there is a hole in fork that I think is where the brake cable hanger mounts to , does anyone know a part number or where I can get the information to get the correct hanger ? Thanks ,
So what's the story @Bikemore? Your question was three years ago, did you manage to sort it? I guess you did.

No I just let it go , I’ve been using the back brake only but there’s been a time or two I’d a felt better if front brake was working . I’d like to have a cable hanger like the original one , the serial number on my bike is 1112995 , when I bought bike it had a front shock w/ built in cable hanger , I put the original fork back on but it didn’t have cable hanger . There’s a hole in top center of fork I think is where hanger goes ?
So what's the story @Bikemore? Your question was three years ago, did you manage to sort it? I guess you did.

OP
OP
B

Bikemore

No I just let it go , I’ve been using the back brake only but there’s been a time or two I’d a felt better if front brake was working . I’d like to have a cable hanger like the original one , the serial number on my bike is 1112995 , when I bought bike it had a front shock w/ built in cable hanger , I put the original fork back on but it didn’t have cable hanger . There’s a hole in top center of fork I think is where hanger goes ?

Attachments

• IMG_6184.jpeg
    IMG_6184.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6182.jpeg
    IMG_6182.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
B

Bikemore

Sorry , I put that project aside for to long but I’m back into it once again , I still have my Trek 930 singletrack , I’m going to put new tires on it & pick back up where I left off on finding a front brake cable hanger . I’ll try my best to keep y’all posted on progress this time .

Top Bottom