Cable (zip) ties on carbon frame/forks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
So will carbon forks/frames take kindly to having cable ties pulled tight on them?

For example: fitting the computer sensor unit to the forks OR attaching SKS raceblades to forks and rear seat stays.

With the amount that do it, I'm sure there's no effect.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I always wrap some plastic insulating tape round first to protect the finish.

PS Actually, I'm thinking more of when I fit larger things like my Crud Roadracers, but I'd probably do it anyway just to be on the safe side.

Computer sesor or wiring, that'll be fine.

However our club sec wore partway through his rear carbon stay with Crudracers and had to scrap the frame - I guess they waggle about and rub, so I think you need a couple of layers of protective tape, or a section of old innertube or something as frame protection before you tie them on.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ahem - andy_wrx wrote the same thing in the post above yours!

I'm convinced that a lot of people don't read others' posts before posting themselves. I've organised forum rides and I've posted a detailed map of where we are meeting, a description of how to get there, a profile of the route, a map of the route, a list of who is riding and so on and so forth. Next thing you know, people are asking...

"So, who is coming?"

"What date is the ride?"

"Could you post a map of the route?"

"What time are we setting off?"

"Where are we meeting"

"Any chance of a map of where we are meeting, a description of how to get there, a profile of the route, a map of the route, and a list of who is riding?" 

Aaaaaaaaaaargh!   :wacko:

Top Bottom