Cabriolets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
And neither suitable for a 60yr old bloke in my opinion.
I've been thinking about that. 🤔 I don't think i've seen anyone under 50 (apart from one chap who looked about mid 30's) driving one of these cars. Boy racers don't drive them, they're mostly owned by 'recapture my youth' 50 plus year olds who i haven't seen break the speed limit in them. In my opinion.🤔

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
I've been thinking about that. 🤔 I don't think i've seen anyone under 50 (apart from one chap who looked about mid 30's) driving one of these cars. Boy racers don't drive them, they're mostly owned by 'recapture my youth' 50 plus year olds who i haven't seen break the speed limit in them. In my opinion.🤔
it should be in good nick then, one careful lady owner, etc.

Crazy!!:ohmy: I typed in 'no off road parking' and a maximum £250 excess and this is what they came up with!!

Saga Select
£303.11
per year
£28.08
per month
Saga Plus
£360.77
per year
£33.43
per month

This is cheaper than i pay for my 15 year old Mini!!:ohmy:
Saga seem really competitive now, just paid £450 with them, my Quoteme(un)happy renewal was £701 :wacko:

vickster

Legendary Member
Know the feeling, just got hit with tax/insurance/service in the space of a week, gulp :ohmy:
Then you’ve had all year to save up ;)
Mine was same, plus house insurance…Covid delays have enabled me to spread the costs out (luckily as my last service ended up over a grand!)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Know the feeling, just got hit with tax/insurance/service in the space of a week, gulp :ohmy:
I've just typed in my details for my car. I can't remember exactly,but i think my current insurance which runs out in 10 days is around £300. I typed in that i'd like breakdown/road assistance cover which i don't usually bother with Saga quoted me...
Saga Select
£239.63
per year
£22.20
per month

That's not bad at all. Seeing as i paid over £400 for a 1.3 small Suzuki in 2017 and 2018. I don't think i'll get cheaper than that.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Since buying my Fiat 500 soft top the other week, as you do I've been looking to see other such cars as I drive along. I've seen about 4 or 5 500c's, but even in nice warm weather they all had their tops up. Not only 'tiny' 500's, I also noticed 'Mercs' 'BMW's' 'Jags' etc had their roofs up. Since I bought My Fiat I've had my roof open I'd say about 95% of the time. Why aren't they opening their roofs and taking in the sounds, sunlight, wind, smells and the odd bird dropping I wonder? 🤔

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
I suppose it is because most modern convertibles also have air con.

Personally I'd love to open the roof as an outdoor lover. I'm actually tempted to buy a 205 convertible over the winter for use next summer.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Since buying my Fiat 500 soft top the other week, as you do I've been looking to see other such cars as I drive along. I've seen about 4 or 5 500c's, but even in nice warm weather they all had their tops up. Not only 'tiny' 500's, I also noticed 'Mercs' 'BMW's' 'Jags' etc had their roofs up. Since I bought My Fiat I've had my roof open I'd say about 95% of the time. Why aren't they opening their roofs and taking in the sounds, sunlight, wind, smells and the odd bird dropping I wonder? 🤔

You get all those delights on a cycle too without polluting the countryside you are driving through.

D

Deleted member 26715

Some are not that easy to open/close, some are not used as nobody important is looking
I suppose it is because most modern convertibles also have air con.

Personally I'd love to open the roof as an outdoor lover. I'm actually tempted to buy a 205 convertible over the winter for use next summer.
Good luck with your search & emptying your wallet finding one.

tyred

Legendary Member
I like air con - why let hot air in :crazy:

That's actually true. In theory it's nice to be out in the open. Spend a summer's day working in a field in a vintage tractor with no cab which can appear so idyllic but in reality you will be sunburnt, hot and caked in dust, chesty from breathing in dust and fumes and probably deaf from the noise whereas in a modern tractor you can sit in a dust-free, air-conditioned comfortable cab.

Top Bottom