Cabriolets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Does that include being a passenger, not the driver?🤔 ;)

Yup. I can drive but choose not to be part of the problem.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
https://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/citroen/2cv/316770 🤔

1655435826505.png

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't opened the roof of my Fiat 500C in this below freezing weather. Not just because of the obvious, but I'm thinking do it and blow something electrical, like the boot opening I fecked up in the summer and it'll cost me about 300 quid. I would like to open it though! Surely driving with the roof down would only be like cycling, in these conditions.🤔

Last edited:
I haven't opened the roof of my Fiat 500C in this below freezing weather. Not just because of the obvious, but I'm thinking do it and blow something electrical, like the boot opening I fecked up in the summer and it'll cost me about 300 quid. I would like to open it though! Surely driving with the roof down would only be like cycling, in these conditions.🤔

Apart from the higher speeds and greater wind-chill and the part where you're not creating any energy to make yourself warm.

I think I would keep the roof on. Imagine if the cold means it won't close properly.

It's minus 6 here today. Even my screenwash is only rated to minus 5...

Jody

Stubborn git
Reminds me of a time I was heading back into Sheffield and saw a BMW cabriolet driving down the dual carriageway with the roof off at -7. Both the old boy and his passenger were dressed like Ranulph Fiennes on an Arctic expedition :cold:.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Reminds me of a time I was heading back into Sheffield and saw a BMW cabriolet driving down the dual carriageway with the roof off at -7. Both the old boy and his passenger were dressed like Ranulph Fiennes on an Arctic expedition :cold:.

I had an MX-5 in the 90s. I used drive with roof down in winter. Wore a flying jacket and leather gloves. The heater was also pretty good. It felt great on a cold crisp long drive.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Apart from the higher speeds and greater wind-chill and the part where you're not creating any energy to make yourself warm.

I think I would keep the roof on. Imagine if the cold means it won't close properly.

It's minus 6 here today. Even my screenwash is only rated to minus 5...

Heated seats and heated air scarf ! Well it is in our MB Cabriolet! Works quite well to be honest !

Mrs Fondo has a 4 series convertible and the boot is full after you put a loaf of bread in it. Quite nice to drive though, even if it is manual.

Top Bottom