Cabriolets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I haven't opened the roof of my car for about 12 days. No point as i'd just be letting freezing, or damp salty from the roads air in. I hope it still works after that week of freezing temperatures.:unsure:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
While driving my Fiat 500C during that freezing week I'd say it was warm in the car, but I did have my heater on at full. I think the roll back roof is well insulated, unlike the ones of old.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Safe to say this roof position is NOT in my repertoire right now…..

YMMV

Attachments

• 4EEE6243-FADC-4F11-9A36-A8FC5B8EDB25.jpeg
    4EEE6243-FADC-4F11-9A36-A8FC5B8EDB25.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

mustang1

Legendary Member

Years ago when those CLKswere still sold new, my friend told me he "has to have one of those Clicks."
Clicks?
Yeah, Merc Click.
What's a Maclick? A new burger or something?
No! A Mercedes CLK.
Oh, you call it a Click? You could call it a Clock. Good thing it's not just called a CK then.
To this day, I think he still hasn't figured out my joke!

Back to CLK, yeah good car. I drove a CLK320 for a few months, a convertible one, back in, uhm, 2000 or something.

Edit: grr typos

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran

Nice and cheaper tax but insurance and petrol would be spendy!!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I had a Triumph Vitesse convertible back in the day. Basically it's a Triumph Herald but with a two litre six cylinder engine so it went quite quick for a 60s car. Picture isn't mine but mine looked similar but a lot more rusty and banger like. Great fun, and a fast car compared to what I was used to. Anyhow I'd have the roof down everyday it wasn't actually raining. The windscreen kept you from being blown about and the heater was always on full blast to slightly help it not overheat (which it always did once you stopped after a run) so you were always warm enough. I loved it

46FF0D41-1E69-4B81-B776-9A71F140917A.jpeg

D

Deleted member 26715

I had a Triumph Vitesse convertible back in the day. Basically it's a Triumph Herald but with a two litre six cylinder engine so it went quite quick for a 60s car. Picture isn't mine but mine looked similar but a lot more rusty and banger like. Great fun, and a fast car compared to what I was used to. Anyhow I'd have the roof down everyday it wasn't actually raining. The windscreen kept you from being blown about and the heater was always on full blast to slightly help it not overheat (which it always did once you stopped after a run) so you were always warm enough. I loved it

View attachment 671806

Still quite nice & not that expensive even now, keep thinking of getting one & seeing if I can drop a MX5 engine & gearbox in.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Still quite nice & not that expensive even now, keep thinking of getting one & seeing if I can drop a MX5 engine & gearbox in.

The Triumph straight six is a perfectly fine engine. Despite being basic cast iron thing, it is dead smooth running, and pretty sound. There is, or at least was, a decent industry around it, to add power - I only had a go faster exhaust manifold on mine, but you could drop in a 2.5l from the big saloon (I think a special sump needed to be fabricated to make the slightly taller version of the same engine fit. Triple Webbers were often an "upgrade" from the early petrol injection of the big saloon or TR6 version. Mine overheated but I'm sure that was fixable - it's not like the fragile underdeveloped Stag v8

D

Deleted member 26715

The Triumph straight six is a perfectly fine engine. Despite being basic cast iron thing, it is dead smooth running, and pretty sound. There is, or at least was, a decent industry around it, to add power - I only had a go faster exhaust manifold on mine, but you could drop in a 2.5l from the big saloon (I think a special sump needed to be fabricated to make the slightly taller version of the same engine fit. Triple Webbers were often an "upgrade" from the early petrol injection of the big saloon or TR6 version. Mine overheated but I'm sure that was fixable - it's not like the fragile underdeveloped Stag v8
Friend had the GT6 with the same engine in, wasn't bad, but for ease of use, fuel injected Japanese engine is the way forward.

Would love a Stag but they are starting to attract big money especially if still fitted with an original V8 that has been sorted, it's a new water pump, a change of a hose & a big new alloy radiator & all the overheating issues are sorted.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Years ago when those Calls were still sold new, my friend told me he "has to have one of those Clicks."
Clicks?
Yeah, Merc Click.
What's a Maclick? A new burger or something?
No! A Mercedes CLK.
Oh, you call it a Click? You could call it a Clock. Good thing it's not just called a CK then.
To this day, I think he still hasn't figured out my joke!

Back to CLK, yeah good car. I drove a CLK320 for a few months, a convertible one, back in, uhm, 2000 or something.

So did I, 52-plate, same model. Got out of it in time before it rusted for fun, as many did, especially the silver ones, (un)amusingly!

Top Bottom