Cadel Evans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Ill considered perhaps but not patronising. I don't think any slight was meant by it, quite the opposite. But I wouldn't read too much into it really. Journo's poor question at the end of a knackering ride, all things considered, just in the nature of things really.

Cadel backed himself obviously but, to be fair, his was just one of the names in the frame at the beginning of the tour. I rated him as I do Leipheimer - a possible but not a probable. Credit to him though, he's worked hard and hung in there.

I'm actually coming round to Cadel now.

His riding is dull, strained. He hangs-on at the back. He can't respond to sudden accellerations, he has to drag himself painfully back. Eventually he gets dropped.

My car would be like that if I removed the turbo - it would become 'naturally aspirated'.

Perhaps Cadel is a rider who is 'naturally aspirated', up against riders who aren't...

chris42

andy_wrx said:
I'm actually coming round to Cadel now.

His riding is dull, strained. He hangs-on at the back. He can't respond to sudden accellerations, he has to drag himself painfully back. Eventually he gets dropped.

My car would be like that if I removed the turbo - it would become 'naturally aspirated'.

Perhaps Cadel is a rider who is 'naturally aspirated', up against riders who aren't...

I understand hi is much bigger than other riders, frame etc, so he is a VERY VERY good climber he is not a super small thin mountain goat like contador.

chris42 said:
I understand hi is much bigger than other riders, frame etc, so he is a VERY VERY good climber he is not a super small thin mountain goat like contador.

Bit heartfelt that, Chris ?
Are you saying he likes pies too ?
:thumbsup:

fuzzy29

I'm hoping Evans wins. Given that boring Indurain never won a road stage during his 5 wins, you can hardly complain about Cadel's style. Add to that it would sound better to say that the last clean winner of the Tour was 2007 rather than 1990.

Top Bottom