Cadence missing on bigringvr rides. How do I ride a TR power based workout while in a BRVR route?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T-Bo

I use Kickr Core, which estimates cadence (I don't have a separate cad sensor). Kickr was connected to the BRVR app but wasn't reading cadence. It made the ERG pretty impossible to ride in on the brvr route. I switched to "don't use" under the kickr profile in brvr and tried to manually adjust the resistance power level with the arrows on the keyboard. Seems to have frustratingly long delay in adjusting power/resistance to the kickr.

I tried to open an interval workout in TrainerRoad on my phone and use that to control the power and enjoy the scenery of the route on the big tv but not have brvr affect the power. The phone controls kicker via bluetooth and the BRVR is connected to Kicker via Ant+ dongle.

Advice--How do I let TrainerRoad workout control the trainer and have BRVR see my power so I actually go uphill in a route???

Thanks for any help. BRVR is sweet and would love to use it!!

CXRAndy

Guru
You need a separate cadence sensor first.

To use Trainer Road and BigringVR together. You will need two Ant+ dongles. Set Trainer Road working first. Also set BigringVR to only display power from the trainer, disable the trainer resistance control within BigringVR.

You will then see Trainer Road at the bottom of the screen and BigringVR on the rest of the screen

OP
OP
T-Bo

T-Bo

If I ran one app on the computer (with ANT+ dongle) and the other app on my iPhone, can I do that w/out requiring another ANT+ dongle? I have one dongle currently. If yes, which app on which device would you suggest? My goal is to have TR manage the power and interval workouts while I enjoy the virtual riding in BigRingVR.
Thanks for the advice!!

CXRAndy

Guru
Whatever second device, you need to disable turbo control on BigringVR.

Does your turbo have both ant+ and Bluetooth. Then you could use Bluetooth connection for iPhone(not sure apple have in-built ant+), ant+ for BigringVR

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I run the Tacx app on my phone controlling the trainer, then I use BRVR, Zwift, or RGT to look at while riding. So it's certainly possible.

I would run TR on the phone to get the best experience of BRVR

OP
OP
T-Bo

T-Bo

I have Kickr Core (has bluetooth and ANT+ output). I could run power to the TR app via ANT into my laptop that runs the TR workout. I could run Big RingVR off my phone and pickup power from bluetooth. Or vice versa.

OP
OP
T-Bo

T-Bo

I run the Tacx app on my phone controlling the trainer, then I use BRVR, Zwift, or RGT to look at while riding. So it's certainly possible.

sorry I missed this before my last response to CXRAndy

OP
OP
T-Bo

T-Bo

So for the BRVR running on computer, I have to disable the trainer setting?

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Yes, it's easy to set a.profile up that uses the trainer as a power meter, but doesn't control it ... That's done by the other app on the other device.

Top Bottom