Cadence, Speed and hill climbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, but it is an example of doing more work to produce more power rather than doing the same work but quicker.

I was countering to your point that there's no need to do more work, just pedal faster. Increasing cadence is only useful up to a certain point, after which more work needs to be done and potentially, as in climbing a hill, more strength is required. This is not rocket science.
That wasn't my point, if you pedal faster in the same gear you are doing more work, as well as being exasperating you can't bloody read!!

Ah well never mind, oh and just to give you an answer to your other post, pulling on the handlebars is because you have run out of fuel nothing to do with strength, try climbing a few hundred stairs and by the top you will be pulling on the bannister.

I am bored now with trying to explain simple Physics to a Texan.Good night

No I don't - have you not read the thread..??

Just glanced through it ... have better things to do like ride my bike. :becool:

You can fit a better air intake and add fuel injection, you can tune the crap out of small engine. You can develop an awesome VO2max, but if all that 'fitness' is just driving two skinny rubber bands and may need to work on that leg strength. Sometime

Nope - sorry - you are still clueless. Contador - love him or not - has an awesome VO2 max, but has legs like a stick insect - and don't get me started on Wiggins - who has the entire body of a stick insect and an awesome VO2 max as well. Tell me how that works? Like 'o-f-f' says, I think you are just trolling, because nobody is really that dumb.

Your last question, the one regarding your lack of google skills. I am not getting into a copy/paste competition.

No, seriously come on, it was a fair question. I asked you to name a couple of examples of where a rider might need 'extreme power'..? You're obviously on to something here, so I'm interested to know more...

Plus you've never had to pull hard on your bars to push your pedals around (i.e. do more work than a single stair step)? Really?

Of course I have - many, many times. But (and here's the part you still aren't getting) - I've never had to exceed anything close to my maximal leg strength.

That wasn't my point, if you pedal faster in the same gear you are doing more work, as well as being exasperating you can't bloody read!!

Actually you're doing less work (if slope and wind speed haven't changed). You may be producing more power, but work and power are not the same thing as you must know, understanding physics better than me.

Actually you're doing less work (if slope and wind speed haven't changed). You may be producing more power, but work and power are not the same thing as you must know, understanding physics better than me.
feck me there is thick, very thick and then there is Marz thick.

2467767.jpg

feck me there is thick, very thick and then there is Marz thick.

400 watts = (400 joules per second) x (60 seconds per minute) = 24,000 joules per minute for each rider.
(24,000 joules) ÷ (80 rpm [Ullrich]) ÷ (2 legs) = 150 joules per pedal stroke
(24,000 joules) ÷ (100 rpm [Armstrong]) ÷ (2 legs) = 120 joules per pedal stroke

Same speed, same watts (power), different cadence, different work being done.

I'm too think to do the maths myself and so looked it up here ... link

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looks like this will be another thread that's going to be closed. :cursing:

Looks like this will be another thread that's going to be closed. :cursing:

why? What rules are being broken? I've asked Mr Jennings a fair question, but am not getting an answer. Asking for an answer is not unreasonable, seeing as the statement I am questioning is one of the main planks of his weak (make that baseless) argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom