Café stop required Ulverston area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
I had planned to stop at the Bici café in Ulverston on Friday on our Bay Cycle Way adventure (6 of us) However looking at their website they are closed during the day. I know there is a Costa and I know Gillams very well but I need to park 6 bikes in plain sight and get 6 grumpy old men seated for a good value lunch with top quality coffee. On the route would be nice.

Over to you

Ta

Globalti

Legendary Member
Read my account here, we stopped for a quick refuel at a garage then had a decent lunch at a very nice cafe in Cartmel:

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-bay-cycle-way-in-a-day.184850/

OP
OP
Domus

Domus

Guru
Doing it the leisurely way over two days so Ulverston area is lunch on day one and Arnside early lunch on day two. I know where we can re fuel on day two it’s just the Bici closure thing that’s thrown me.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Doing it the leisurely way over two days so Ulverston area is lunch on day one and Arnside early lunch on day two. I know where we can re fuel on day two it’s just the Bici closure thing that’s thrown me.

Trying ringing Bici and asking if they will open early for you.

Six smelly - but hungry and thirsty- cyclists would be a good start to their service that day/evening.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, I think @ColinJ has organised early cafe openings in the past - very early indeed!
Not me, but the FNRttC team do it. I have phoned cafe owners to make sure that they plan to be open at certain times but have never asked them to open when they were not going to.

I think you would have to be able to promise a pretty big turnout to persuade a cafe owner to open significantly early.

Top Bottom