How to stop my saddle being stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Most of my bikes have Brooks' saddles, I use a long cable lock through the rails around an anchor point and through the rear wheel I also cover it with a shopping bag

vickster

Legendary Member
Could be karma if you'll happily buy a stolen bike :whistle:

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Obtain an old pair of @Drago s YFronts and wrap them round the saddle when you lock the bike.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
On my commute to work in London in the last couple of weeks i cycle part of my commute then lock my bike up alongside other bikes and then take an underground train to my work place . I have noticed that some bikes outside the station have no saddles on them which i guess have being stolen and some have been removed by their owners . I know it would take only a few flicks of a Allen key and a few seconds for a thief to steal my saddle

My question is what is the best way to stop my saddle being stolen ? i cannot take it to work with me

I use Hexlox inserts in the allen bolts to keep my Berthoud leather saddle safe-ish.
It's a easy-release version of the old trick of superglueing a ball bearing in the allen socket.

You'll want 1 (or 2) for the saddle clamp, and 2 (or 1) for the seatpost, and if the bolts are non-magnetic stainless they will want replacing too (as lionked by HLaB in repley 26 above).
Still won't stop someone hacksawing the seatpost though.

The key is about 3 mm wide by 10 mm long, and is a permanent fixture on my bike lock keyring.
It only gets used when I want to play with my riding position, which is rare.

Last edited:
Top Bottom