Cafes of the Year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
My top 3.

In third place…the Wild Carrot, near Tetbury. A delight to visit, great food and drink and super cycle-friendly. A very popular cyclist spot for the Rapha crowd!

74E9BF91-5548-4A89-82B9-E3763A3F0D85.jpeg

In second place… The Bridge Bakehouse, Whaley Bridge. Legit amazing sarnies and cakes. Giant portions. Really friendly young women who own/run the company.

95CB2CB4-1A96-41FE-A8EB-287630FFAD9B.jpeg

And finally the winner…

Tree Artisan Cafe, Oxford. Despite the name, this was a lovely friendly cafe that I visited for the last stage of the Women’s Tour. The staff were great and the smoothie and sandwich were top notch. However I’ll never forget the brownie! Easily the best cafe of the year!

79741484-294F-4B99-8A37-CB83B3274508.jpeg

13 rider

Guru
Cobbles Cafe ,Longnor ,Staffordshire
I had decided to ride up to Buxton area for a Holiday while the family drove up . Planned cafe at 40 miles was closed ,Ashbourne was too busy and no where to leave the bike . I pressed on mainly climbing until I came across Cobbles cafe . At the time any cafe would have done ,but it was delightful sat outside in the market square in the sunshine enjoying their delicious fare . The family ran to check on me and joined me for lunch so a double coffee stop must have been good .

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Cobbles Cafe ,Longnor ,Staffordshire
I had decided to ride up to Buxton area for a Holiday while the family drove up . Planned cafe at 40 miles was closed ,Ashbourne was too busy and no where to leave the bike . I pressed on mainly climbing until I came across Cobbles cafe . At the time any cafe would have done ,but it was delightful sat outside in the market square in the sunshine enjoying their delicious fare . The family ran to check on me and joined me for lunch so a double coffee stop must have been good .

I like that one too, although I haven't actually been this year. It's one I usually visit four or five times per year.
There's also a very good one in Monyash (the Old Smithy) which is in the same general area.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
My choices for 2022

Number one
Sleap Airfield just north of Shrewsbury. I just love the quirkiness of watching light aircraft whilst seated in an old aircraft seat.
20220802_133219.jpg

Number two.
The Old School House, Cheddleton, nr Leek, Staffs.
I can hear the children inside reciting their seven times table.

1672225951600.png

Number three.
Oakwood Marina, nr Northwich. Relaxing place watching other people messing around on boats.

1672225861376.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I just did a stock take and I think I've visited only 9 different cafes this year, poor compared to some people in the 52 cafes thread. Generally nice, but hard to pick a favourite to nominate as "cafe of the year" for outstanding devotion to serving cylists.

But this is worthy of "mug of the year". They had a whole set of these cool vintage Super-U mugs at Destination Bike near Box Hill.
1672226276160.png

geocycle

Legendary Member
This is more a shared gold medal, for all the DIY cafes. These are ones where you help yourselves and use an honesty box to pay. This year’s highlight was at Attadale gardens, Wester Ross. Great cakes and a nice bean to cup coffee machine. They even had a card payment option.

I’ve previously enjoyed Katie’s Cuppas DIY cafe in Littondale but that didn’t survive covid and before that there was one near Witherslack with a fridge full of scones, Jam and cream. A lovely sub genre which makes you feel trusted and special.

Sallar55

Veteran
Mull of Galloway cafe. The views, good food and no need to carry a lock🙂

DSC_2932.JPG

Top Bottom