Cafes specifically catering for cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

My local is the famous Eureka Cyclist's Café. Very old, mixed crowd from the very young to the more mature. I think it's probably the oldest cycling cafe in the country, back when there were many cycling cafes around the country at the start of last century.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
THIS is a cyclist's cafe: The Impromptu Tea Rooms, Elsdon, Northumberland.
Basic, friendly no-frills, great tea, cake etc.
The walls are a history book of local cycling clubs, events and people.

impromptutearoom.jpg

8713018321_50afd55a1d_z.jpg

Squires is OK, if a bit basic. Nearby there's a popular cafe at Sherburn Aero Club.

Not tried Birkin Fisheries despite riding past it a few times; it's on my list to visit. I tend to go past to the Seedlings Cafe just down the road (DN14 9PX).

I like the Oil Can Cafe near Holmfirth, Sid's Cafe in Holmfirth and Windmill Nurseries near Penistone; I'm usually to be found in one of them on a Saturday morning.

1. Been to the Air-field a couple of time, when a friend has taken me flying from there

Aircraft. Sherburn Aerodrome. Bolton Abbey.JPG Aircraft. Sherburn Aerodrome. Pontefract Racecourse.JPG

2. Squires, perhaps not that plush, but big enough to cope with large amounts of people too

3. Birkin cafe, is nice, as it's just so quiet.
We looked at a somewhat delapidated house in Birkin, a few years ago, but too big for us really!! - very nice now the renovation is completed!!!!!
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2155437

4. Not been to Seedlings, but have been to Oil-Can a few times now, first time was after walking the Trunce course with my daughter, including making her walk through the River Don (which we run through 3 times during the race!)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201382323952344&set=a.10200813263726194.1073741827.1601508436&type=3&theatre (& next 6 images)

My collegue Chris (one of your members) heads out there, or Windmills, a lot

screenman

Legendary Member
Around here we tend to use the garden centre a cycling cafe would struggle to make a decent living from cyclist alone in Lincolnshire.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Cafe velo in Beverly is excellent. A cycle themed cafe with several bike hangers inside the cafe to store your bike. Great food , coffee & cake, but not the cheapest. Certainly worth a visit if you are round that way

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
There's one near me- I've only been there once oddly, but good tea and cake. In the summer they organise a Fete du Velo with events and road races in the evening.

Redbourn, Herts.

http://www.hubcoffeebikes.com
I was going to mention this place. Nice little coffee shop, lots of bike bits and pieces dotted around. Gets busy and only being a small cafe it's hard to get seated some days. A couple of others out near Tring are The Cog, just off the High Street and P E Mead and Sons Farm shop and Cafe on the B489 near Wiltsone Green. I use this place a lot. Plenty of Seating inside and out, plenty of bike parking and nice coffee and cake

Fubar

Guru
My local, recently opened. Hope he does well. Terrific guy. Trued my mtb wheel for me while I waited the other week and wasn't even going to take anything. Bike sales, servicing and a coffee shop.

https://www.facebook.com/synergybikeshop/timeline

Follow Synergy on FB, need to make it my aim to visit them in 2015! Gotta give a mention to the girls in Cafe De Fluers in Dollar fueling up hoards of cyclists with scones on a Saturday morning, drop in if you are nearby - just don't lean your bike against next door's wall!

Slioch

Guru
Your Bike Shed in York is good. I regularly meet up with Mrs S in here for a brunch when she's been in town & I'm on my way back after a ride. Prices are a little on the high side but the quality of the coffee etc is very good.
It's got a bike rack inside the front door so you can take your bike in with you and hang it up - how cool is that! :becool:
There's also a poster of Lance Armstrong hung above the mens toilet, so you can contemplate the great man whilst taking a whizz! :gun:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Your Bike Shed in York is good. I regularly meet up with Mrs S in here for a brunch when she's been in town & I'm on my way back after a ride. Prices are a little on the high side but the quality of the coffee etc is very good.
It's got a bike rack inside the front door so you can take your bike in with you and hang it up - how cool is that! :becool:
There's also a poster of Lance Armstrong hung above the mens toilet, so you can contemplate the great man whilst taking a whizz! :gun:
It's not intended as a target, then?? :laugh:

lesley_x

Über Member
Siempre bicycle cafe in Glasgow is a favourite of mine. I ended up there when I ran out of food when a ride was longer than anticipated. Food's good, staff friendly, and they'll look after your bike for you. Nice place.

Top Bottom