Calais to Annecy and Geneva

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If anyone is interested, I've started the Crazy Guy journal of the trip. Adding to it one day at a time due to work commitments too but it's fun reliving the trip.

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=3d2&doc_id=24367&v=4D

Thank you for sharing the reason, preparation for and progress of your truly wonderful bicycle adventure. I loved the story and shall revisit the link in a week or so.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Just listened - well said, well explained and well done !

Thank you!!

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
That was lovely, thank you for sharing your personal journey. Cycle tours are often metaphors for life. It was very professional and felt like I was listening to your Desert Island Discs without the music!

That's a lovely comment - thank you! Darn, I should have added in the music I listened to as we cycled along. Somehow, RaRaRasputin was the song of the trip!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Inspirational @Cathryn!.

Daughter No4 has just entered the "dumped" phase, after "unsuitable boyfriend" phase, I have sent her a link to your podcast.

She does running, and, has a bicycle.

Fingers crossed, I have high hopes ;)

PS. No pressure.

Last edited:
I was on a podcast talking about it! I talk too much and too fast but it was lots of fun!
A wonderful listen - except for the contents of your first aid kit!
I liked the 'enthusiasm to make up for a lack of talent' comment, - although I'm stumped as to what talents we do need^_^

The back story was enjoyable too with the virtual ride to Annecy. I think that's a great idea for anyone with a bit of a dream.
I'm looking forward to reading the CGOAB journal
A very enjoyable and inspirational listen. Well done.

Gunk

Guru
We were there a few weeks ago, 1500 miles round trip (but we cheated and enjoyed some Germanic comfort) probably the best holiday we’ve ever had.

5A0044B5-DB78-423C-AD06-2C9DF590897E.jpeg

A946FB4D-BB3A-419C-AFCA-9DECBF9EB85C.jpeg

167F7B2F-8128-4FC3-8CEF-813EDFF02733.jpeg

F492410D-0BD8-46B3-B0AF-BFBDA483154D.jpeg

Top Bottom