Calderdale off-road forum ride from Hebden Bridge, Saturday, 25th March 2023, 53 km (33 miles)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd forgotten that the first half of our ride was as damp as that! But you were right - the sky was slowly turning blue and the sun beginning to show itself.

I didn't notice the sound of the motor at all on the ride although it was obvious in the video.

FrothNinja

Veteran
I'd forgotten that the first half of our ride was as damp as that! But you were right - the sky was slowly turning blue and the sun beginning to show itself.

I didn't notice the sound of the motor at all on the ride although it was obvious in the video.
Most of the noise is road noise transmitted through the frame. The motor sounds quite different (electric whine) but you will only hear it when we hit the uphill bits

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I just took the tyre off and investigated. I can't find any damage to the tyre. The hole in the tube is very small, about 5 cm from the valve, and is located over the centre of the rim tape rather than in part of the tube exposed to the tyre. The rim tape is intact and correctly located. The hole is not on a seam in the tube (I have had failures along seams before). VERY curious!

This puncture must be ever-so-slow... I pumped the tube up to find the hole and it has only lost half its pressure in 8 hours! I'll patch it in the morning.
Ha - it has happened again. There must be a very tiny sharp object embedded in the tyre. I will find it this time!

FrothNinja

Veteran
'Col'derdale 4, the End, is now up

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xByupuBvJds

FrothNinja

Veteran
I had forgotten that it started raining again!

I was waiting for the fast descent but it looks like your camera(s) ran out of juice just as we came to it?

Sadly yes - unable to find any info about the ruins at Johnnys Gap, do you know owt?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Sadly yes - unable to find any info about the ruins at Johnnys Gap, do you know owt?
Sorry, but my knowledge about such matters is very limited! I didn't even know that it was called "Johnny's gap", for example... :whistle:

I just found it on OSM but there isn't any mention of where the name came from. I thought that it might be the name of the person who made the first entry there?

I must make some local edits on OSM. For example, a one-way street in Todmorden which is not marked as such. (Not that one-way status stops drivers going the wrong-way - I met a Morrisons van coming the wrong way towards me down Todmorden's one-way Rise Lane this evening!)

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
Sorry, but my knowledge about such matters is very limited! I didn't even know that it was called "Johnny's gap", for example... :whistle:

I just found it on OSM but there isn't any mention of where the name came from. I thought that it might be the name of the person who made the first entry there?

I must make some local edits on OS. For example, a one-way street in Todmorden which is not marked as such. (Not that one-way status stops drivers going the wrong-way - I met a Morrisons van coming the wrong way towards me down Todmorden's Rise Lane this evening!)

Hope you were wearing the correctly coloured apparel

Top Bottom