Calderdale off-road forum ride from Hebden Bridge, Saturday, 25th March 2023, 53 km (33 miles)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My bad Colin as I didn't realise this was happening so soon.

I'll have to pass
I didn't post a date originally. I have been looking at my diary and am busy planning lots of road rides so it is a question of squeezing them all in!

I'm going to try to organise something every couple of weeks from late March through to (say) October.

It is still possible that this ride will get pushed back if the weather lets us down on the 25th. If it goes well, I'll organise more MTB rides in the future.

Dadam

Sub-zero, with about 5 degrees of windchill, and snow/sleet here just now... If it is anything like this then the ride would get put back - my weather-wimp mode is fully activated!! :laugh:

I have to go out now but my bike ain't coming with me... :okay:

Going by the last few days it could be anything between -3 and + 15 with any combination of blistering sun, rain, high winds, snow or sleet. :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

Going by the last few days it could be anything between -3 and + 15 with any combination of blistering sun, rain, high winds, snow or sleet. :laugh:

And that's on a good day

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'm away from the 20th on holibobs and not sure if I'll be back in time but, if I am, I'll come along. My bike and I are no strangers to difficult terrain. This was last Friday...

PXL_20230310_113305451.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I am keeping a lot of the new parts as spares. I cleaned up the old rings and cassette today and a lot of what I thought was wear now looks more like tooth-shaping to aid shifting. (Unless the new parts arrived pre-worn!! :laugh:)

I discovered that at some point the big ring got upped from a 42 to a 44. I can't remember why - there is no way that I need a 104" gear on a mountain bike since I freewheel down most off-road hills. Maybe somebody donated that ring to me? :whistle:

I have started looking at dropper posts... I (probably?) won't buy one before this ride but I would like to fit one at some point. I would feel a lot more confident descending roughstuff if I were not towering over my handlebars!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Pologies!

Next weekend is a no go for me.
Thanks anyway for the offer of the bike lone James. :okay:

I'm sure you all will enjoy it.
That's a pity! If it goes well, I will do another MTB forum ride later in the year which hopefully you can make it to.

Watch out for the Garforth road ride - it will be 100 km this year. I am thinking I might organise it for the Saturday after Easter.

I will also be doing the 3rd of my road rides from Hebden Bridge, probably around 2 weeks after Garforth.

My MTB fettling is coming on but I am waiting for another part, which should arrive tomorrow. I am booked up for the weekend so no ride possible then, but I hope to get out and check the bike and half of the route early next week.

***** ColinJ's forum rider tag list *****
Once again, I forgot my tag list!

Fellow forum riders, I am planning another ride!

@colly, @neil_merseyside, @Sea of vapours, @Domus, @Julia9054, @Spiderweb, @Slioch, @EasyPeez, @Kestevan, @Venod, @Soltydog, @NorthernDave, @Buck, @si_c, @videoman, @FrothNinja, @GuyBoden, @Vantage

If anybody wants their name to be added to the list, let me know. :smile:

(If anybody wants their name to be removed, let me know, but... :cry:)

NB Make sure that you have enabled tag alerts in your account preferences - HERE (tick 'mentions you in a message')

(Yes, I know some are already signed up for this ride, or can't make it, but I copy and paste the list from one ride to the next so I don't want to edit it.)

Jameshow

Veteran
I'm injured so will have to see how my recovery goes!
Last two days have been painful but I'm on the ment I can walk unaided now rather than counter / sofa surfing!!

Top Bottom