Calendars with pictures of cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
My original idea was that "mere mortals" would be on a calendar instead of air-brushed nincompoops like those on Cycle Passion.

I was trying to express, at great length admittedly, my grunted dis about not finding a cycle calendar. However, the idea seems to have taken on a life of its own.

Does that mean you are calling me a mortal, an air-brushed nincompoop, or stupid for missing the point?

:biggrin::wacko:

bonj2

are you actually intending to make a calendar, and publish it, or just wish there was one?
Speicher said:
My original idea was that "mere mortals" would be on a calendar instead of air-brushed nincompoops like those on Cycle Passion.

Speicher said:
I think Cathryn, Wafflycat and I are hoping for greater detail in the s/pec of the bike and its rider.:biggrin:
you appear to be contradicting yourself.

can do you a shot of me cleaning my bike in night mode if you like
can't promise hyooj muscles though :biggrin::ohmy:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Does that mean you are calling me a mortal, an air-brushed nincompoop, or stupid for missing the point?

:biggrin::wacko:

Please accept my apologies Jacomus. I was not calling you any of the above. My comment about "mere mortals" was in reply to Ash68's comments. He was complementing you and saying you put Freddie Lundberg to shame.

I was trying to encourage others to submit their photos, even if we allocate several months to you (you might have other photos you wish to share with us), some other forummers might like have a suitable photo to submit. You have obviously (IMO) not airbrushed your photo. The nincompoops I refer to are the ladies who are on the "Cycle Passion" Calendar, and whose knowledge of cycles is extremely limited.

I am not accusing you of missing the point. My initial post was worded in such a way that people could respond as they wished. You responded with a very impressive photo. Cathryn immediately responded that you should be on the front cover, which I agree with. You are certainly not stupid either, that did not even cross my mind. I hope these comments reasure you that there was no criticism whatsoever aimed at you.

ash68

sorry for any confusion jacomus. My comments were intended as a compliment mate. I cycle 200+ miles a week and train hard 3 times a week in the gym and I don't look half as good as you in them pics.Only pointing out in a light hearted way that you look more than a match for freddie in those pics he did in his underwear. Take the compliment and smile mate:biggrin:

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
bonj said:
are you actually intending to make a calendar, and publish it, or just wish there was one?

you appear to be contradicting yourself.

can do you a shot of me cleaning my bike in night mode if you like
can't promise hyooj muscles though :biggrin::biggrin:

In my opening post, I was just expressing a wish that there was a calendar for cyclists, other than the Cycle Passion one.:biggrin: Davyo suggested the Graham Watson calendar, which is a very good one because it shows large bunches of cyclists against very scenic landscapes.

I was not expecting hyooj muscles, and you may submit any photo you think is suitable. A photo in night mode would be welcome. I have suggested to Dayvo that he submits a photo with the Aurora Borealis in the background. Snorri is trying to find one of him cycling to his allotment.

I had not seriously thought about publishing a calendar, when I wrote my post last night, but this seems to have caught people's imagination. :biggrin:. We have a virtual tea shop, and might have virtual weddings, why not a virtual calendar?

bonj2

well, why NOT make a real calendar?
wouldn't need a proper publisher, you could bang 'em out yourself. all you need is somebody with a photoquality printer and some o' that fancy shiny paper and a ring binder.
sure people'd be willing to pay a tenner for 'em.

bonj2

ok here you go then

CIMG0345Large.jpg

no idea how i've managed to make myself see-through ! :biggrin: but i think it's almost arty...

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
bonj said:
well, why NOT make a real calendar?
wouldn't need a proper publisher, you could bang 'em out yourself. all you need is somebody with a photoquality printer and some o' that fancy shiny paper and a ring binder.
sure people'd be willing to pay a tenner for 'em.

That's definitely a possibility, but not something I could undertake at this time, for several reasons. Not least of which, I have not got a photoquality printer. I have not got the foggiest clue how to download pics, add the printing etc etc. (It took all my skills to upload my avatar.:biggrin:)
I would be quite happy if someone wanted to take on board Bonj's idea. There are other reasons, which I prefer not to elucidate on through this forum.

We have not got twelve photos yet.
We need to see some more :biggrin:;) of the cyclists.

Speicher said:
Please accept my apologies Jacomus. I was not calling you any of the above. My comment about "mere mortals" was in reply to Ash68's comments. He was complementing you and saying you put Freddie Lundberg to shame.

I was trying to encourage others to submit their photos, even if we allocate several months to you (you might have other photos you wish to share with us), some other forummers might like have a suitable photo to submit. You have obviously (IMO) not airbrushed your photo. The nincompoops I refer to are the ladies who are on the "Cycle Passion" Calendar, and whose knowledge of cycles is extremely limited.

I am not accusing you of missing the point. My initial post was worded in such a way that people could respond as they wished. You responded with a very impressive photo. Cathryn immediately responded that you should be on the front cover, which I agree with. You are certainly not stupid either, that did not even cross my mind. I hope these comments reasure you that there was no criticism whatsoever aimed at you.

Wow, I'm very sorry Speicher, it is me who should apologise - my smileys were supposed to be winking :biggrin::blush::sad::blush: <--- those have come out correctly!

I didn't actually think you were calling me stupid etc, and would have actually taken being called an air-brusshed nincompoop as a compliment :biggrin:

So, definitely my bad for that misunderstanding!

ash68 said:
sorry for any confusion jacomus. My comments were intended as a compliment mate. I cycle 200+ miles a week and train hard 3 times a week in the gym and I don't look half as good as you in them pics.Only pointing out in a light hearted way that you look more than a match for freddie in those pics he did in his underwear. Take the compliment and smile mate:biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I am very flattered to be compared to freddie, thank you ash68

Speicher said:
That's definitely a possibility, but not something I could undertake at this time, for several reasons. Not least of which, I have not got a photoquality printer. I have not got the foggiest clue how to download pics, add the printing etc etc. (It took all my skills to upload my avatar.:sad:)
I would be quite happy if someone wanted to take on board Bonj's idea. There are other reasons, which I prefer not to elucidate on through this forum.

We have not got twelve photos yet.
We need to see some more :biggrin::biggrin: of the cyclists.

No need to print yourself http://www.thecalendarcompany.org/ will do it for you.

Personally I would be very interested in getting in a CC calender, as I said before - I'm a total cam-whore :sad::becool:

Bonj - nice shot, how did you achieve that effect, I'm assuming some computer trickery was involved!

postman

Legendary Member
Calendar

Watch out.Hollywood, will make a box office hit out of this.You will all become rich and famous,and forget all us uglies.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Jacomus, your original smileys, on your post No 32, look like they are puzzled. Just shows you how friendly we can all be, :smile:when we are trying to apologise to each other.

I think that's a brilliant photo, Bonj. Just the sort of thing I would have in a calendar.:biggrin:

Top Bottom