Calendars with pictures of cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Speicher said:
That's definitely a possibility, but not something I could undertake at this time, for several reasons. Not least of which, I have not got a photoquality printer. I have not got the foggiest clue how to download pics, add the printing etc etc. (It took all my skills to upload my avatar.:biggrin:)
I would be quite happy if someone wanted to take on board Bonj's idea. There are other reasons, which I prefer not to elucidate on through this forum.
I would, and i might, but I haven't got a photoquality printer either. I might get one, 'cos i wouldn't mind one anyway, but not till jan/feb 'cos i'm a bit poor at the moment.

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Bonj - nice shot, how did you achieve that effect, I'm assuming some computer trickery was involved!

No, no computer trickery at all honest :biggrin:
I just put my camera in night mode, which means it uses very long exposure.
you can tell 'cos the cars' headlights appear as long lines rather than spots of light
If i don't keep perfectly still when taking the shot, it comes out like that :biggrin:
it appears to defy the laws of physics, 'cos the road you can see 'through' me is actually the road you would see if i wasnt' there, rather than the bit to the side of me blurred into place, Rhythm Thief may be able to explain the phenomenon, i know he's quite into his photography.

it seems i can deliberately make it do that, even more so e.g.
CIMG0367Large.jpg

Oi Jaco, which boyband were you in? :biggrin:

There are a few pics of me somewhere online. One of me in red rubber pants on a single-speed conversion (steady now girls...) and another semi-legendary pic which goes by the name of 'The Horn'. Older ACF members may remember that one...:biggrin:

Not that this chunky middle aged specimen can compete with Mr JRG's pics...:biggrin:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Asda.com do calendars too. You upload the photos and then turn them into a calendar.

I don't have any arty shots of me and Liesl but I do fancy doing them now I've seen everyone else's.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
bonj said:
I would, and i might, but I haven't got a photoquality printer either. I might get one, 'cos i wouldn't mind one anyway, but not till jan/feb 'cos i'm a bit poor at the moment.

No, no computer trickery at all honest :biggrin:
I just put my camera in night mode, which means it uses very long exposure.
you can tell 'cos the cars' headlights appear as long lines rather than spots of light
If i don't keep perfectly still when taking the shot, it comes out like that :biggrin:
it appears to defy the laws of physics, 'cos the road you can see 'through' me is actually the road you would see if i wasnt' there, rather than the bit to the side of me blurred into place, Rhythm Thief may be able to explain the phenomenon, i know he's quite into his photography.

it seems i can deliberately make it do that, even more so e.g.

Bonj, I can see right through you.:biggrin: Do you live in a flat on the fifth or sixth floor, does it have an outside balcony with transparent barriers? There is also a large patio door leading onto the balcony?

BTW how is the new job going? This is your fifth week, I hope you are enjoying it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
What a great idea, Speicher. I think you should either do a calendar of Cyclechat members (I quite fancy posing with Liesl on a bed of rose petals for February) or pick good looking male cyclists. Tom Boonen springs to mind.....grrrr....

I like the way you assumed those two are mutually exclusive...:biggrin:

Shouldn't be hard to get something printed, like JrG says. I've had three copies of a calendar done for family, on Photobox, with photos of flowers I took myself - although that costs about £15 a time, which is quite a lot - I'm guessing it could be cheaper elsewhere.

I'd have a calendar, although, and with no offence to Jacomus at all, I'd be wanting some of the more mature gents on it as well, muscles don't really do it so much for me... I like a nice smile.

There was talk back on C+ about calendars, both for girls and boys. I reckon, if we don't get round to it this year (getting late now), we should have one or two, for next year. I'm assuming we could do something print-on-demand, or canvass orders in advance, so as not to get stuck with leftovers.

walker

I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned but I think cycle sport have a calender out for next year which is just pictures of the pro's doing their thing

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Chuffy said:
Oi Jaco, which boyband were you in? :biggrin:

There are a few pics of me somewhere online. One of me in red rubber pants on a single-speed conversion (steady now girls...) and another semi-legendary pic which goes by the name of 'The Horn'. Older ACF members may remember that one...:biggrin:

Not that this chunky middle aged specimen can compete with Mr JRG's pics...:sad:

Chuffy, those pants!!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Are they to make it easier access when you're cottaging?:biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My avatar makes it look like I have a bit of beer belly but nothing could be further from the truth - it's due largely to excessive wine consumption!

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
walker said:
I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned but I think cycle sport have a calender out for next year which is just pictures of the pro's doing their thing

I have looked on their web-site and in their on-line shop, but cannot find it. Please let me know if you see it mentionned anywhere else. BTW do you know approx when CycleSport is published each month. The shop I have it reserved at (out in the wilderness between here and Worcester) has a very friendly assistant but she is unable to find out when it arrives.:biggrin:

walker

Speicher said:
I have looked on their web-site and in their on-line shop, but cannot find it. Please let me know if you see it mentionned anywhere else. BTW do you know approx when CycleSport is published each month. The shop I have it reserved at (out in the wilderness between here and Worcester) has a very friendly assistant but she is unable to find out when it arrives.:biggrin:

I remember it being advertised in the Comic last week. I've not got it with me today but Will have a look later and let you know.

As for CS, I'm sure its the end of every month like all other mags. I don't read it that often so not to sure.

Arch said:
There was talk back on C+ about calendars, both for girls and boys. I reckon, if we don't get round to it this year (getting late now), we should have one or two, for next year. I'm assuming we could do something print-on-demand, or canvass orders in advance, so as not to get stuck with leftovers.
Just did happen with the shoot that you did? I've seen a narty b/w shot of Ravenbait's arse. What happened to the rest of the pics? Are they still under Dodgy Roger's pillow?

Top Bottom