"Call yourself a cyclist"?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This morning I made a point of making sure a RLJ heard my disapproval. "Call yourself a cyclist"?was his reply. So I did, although I don't, I'm a person that rides a bike. Calling myself a cyclist didn't change my viewpoint.

Lonestar

Veteran
It's just another example of low level lawbreaking (to suit) which happens everywhere.I saw a lorry driver faffing about with his phone at Canning Town on the ride back...I watched him in his left hand wing mirror and I think he got gist of me watching but as he had just swerved half way acroos the road beforehand I was watching him like a hawk.

Last edited:

Crankarm

Guru
I see so many people on the phone driving, cycling, walking, eating, shopping. What's wrong with people? And yet when you call anyone their phones just go to voicemail as I have to call quite a few customers when at work. It is so annoying. Are they still on their phones but filter calls by letting them go to voicemail thinking I cba to answer that?

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Hear hear.
At the risk of having to wade through a mountain of dropped monocles.
I have found that people who vociferously refer to themselves as 'cyclists' tend to be whiny bedwetters, for the most part. I for one, wouldn't want to associate myself too closely with that type of thing

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This morning I made a point of making sure a RLJ heard my disapproval. "Call yourself a cyclist"?was his reply. So I did, although I don't, I'm a person that rides a bike. Calling myself a cyclist didn't change my viewpoint.

At the risk of having to wade through a mountain of dropped monocles.
I have found that people who vociferously refer to themselves as 'cyclists' tend to be whiny bedwetters, for the most part. I for one, wouldn't want to associate myself too closely with that type of thing
Untitled-16.gif

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I jump red lights every day, but only because the roads around here are so poorly designed they either

a) Lights don't pick up bikes waiting.
b) Lights don't give long enough for bikes.
c) Have an off road cycle path that starts 2 metres after the stop line.

If I had unlimited time to waste at traffic lights I would wait but I would far rather be setting the alarm later.

30holcw.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom