Calling all Alexa users.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Is Alexa the government spying device that people have in their houses? :ph34r:

Maybe you can check something for me. We got a leaflet through the door for bertsgutters.co.uk and the wife asked me to check them out. As soon as I typed "bert's" into google, bert's gutters came up as the first option which I'm a little credulous about. Do others get the same result?

I typed...berts gu, and it appeared at the top I was worried incase I got berts gusset

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Maybe you can check something for me. We got a leaflet through the door for bertsgutters.co.uk and the wife asked me to check them out. As soon as I typed "bert's" into google, bert's gutters came up as the first option which I'm a little credulous about. Do others get the same result?

My mum ordered a Dirk Bogard CD from amazon, guess what randomly started playing on Alexa same with books she has on her kindle.

Tim Hall

Alexa can't understand Scottish accents, so I haven't bothered to get one of those new fangled things.

Brilliantly the video clip has subtitles, which make judicious use of asterisks on account of the Sweary Words. The sound track, however, does not feature bleeps to protect my delicate wossnames.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Typed bert's g and it be up as second suggestion.

Anyway , this threads supposed to be working for me ..... :tongue:

I cleared my own gutters last month.

Can it @Drago...

Screenshot_20180715-074226.png

Edit: ah,it's Edinburgh based. Google knows roughly where you are, and uses that to refine search suggestions

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
I love my Alexa. Mrs D has Amazon music, so the bulk of my listening is through Alexa while I'm doing the housework or pottering about. My Alexa is a micro dot, but upgraded with a speaker and battery pack thing that gives it a 6 hour run time without being plugged in - it looks like the big Alexa, but with the benefit of batter power when I want to listen in the loo or when cleaning the car etc.

I'm well known on these hallowed pages as a technophobe, but I have fallen in love with Alexa. We'll always be together, together in electric dreams...

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I love my Alexa. Mrs D has Amazon music, so the bulk of my listening is through Alexa while I'm doing the housework or pottering about. My Alexa is a micro dot, but upgraded with a speaker and battery pack thing that gives it a 6 hour run time without being plugged in - it looks like the big Alexa, but with the benefit of batter power when I want to listen in the loo or when cleaning the car etc.

I'm well known on these hallowed pages as a technophobe, but I have fallen in love with Alexa. We'll always be together, together in electric dreams...

Having your every utterance monitored is such a small price to pay for not having to press play . But I love your Moroder and Human league quote .

Top Bottom