Calling all Helmet Cam Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hillrep

Veteran
I don't wear a helmet, but do have a camera mounted on my bike, am I allowed to join in too?
whistling.gif

daSmirnov

Sounds cool.

I would have just moved the day prior to Horsham (so long Aldershot Cyclist). Might not be commuting, but would be checking out routes to work!:becool:

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
Any stipulation on formats or frame rates? I have only 640x480 @ 25fps.

I think it would be good if anyone submitting something bad also includes something good. That would help to keep a balance.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i'm happy to do this on the following conditions:

(a) i'm crap at editing so someone will have to do this for me.
(b) i might sing, so don't blame me if you go deaf

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Hi Guys,

I've got a new blog post which provides a bit more detail.

There is no stipulation on frame rate etc. Just post your video on YouTube or similar so that it can be linked to.

Don't worry too much about balance, hopefully this will come from the different videos. Ideally it should be a true representation of your commute in some way. Good or bad.

Oh and it doesn't need to be helmet mounted video! :smile:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
25FPS??? GET OUT!
biggrin.gif

KEYBOARD!!!!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Would it be loads of terrible incidents? Or, would it be a collection of videos showing the joys of commuting, or, something else?

I think it'll be a collection of videos of people cycling along roads...and not much else. I'm not sure i know what people mean by "Highlights" do they mean nasty confrontations or examples of poor driving, if so these arn't highlights for me, they are lowlights and things I dont care to dwell on...nor illuminate on 'tinternet..at least not on my channel.

If I'm honest my vidoes will most likely show cyclist in a pretty bad light as I experience more crap acts from cyclists each day than any other road user.

is that what you are looking for?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I think it'll be a collection of videos of people cycling along roads...and not much else. I'm not sure i know what people mean by "Highlights" do they mean nasty confrontations or examples of poor driving, if so these arn't highlights for me, they are lowlights and things I dont care to dwell on...nor illuminate on 'tinternet..at least not on my channel.

If I'm honest my vidoes will most likely show cyclist in a pretty bad light as I experience more crap acts from cyclists each day than any other road user.

is that what you are looking for?

What about you passing a huge queue of traffic?
Having a chat with another cyclist at some lights or helping out a cyclist that has a puncture or similar.

All highlights of cycling imo :smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Jonny,

You are absolutely right. It could be a whole load of videos just showing people cycling along. How wonderful would that be! :smile:

Commuting through traffic using your own power, slotting in with traffic, moving with the flow, in fact flowing better than the traffic is all what urban cycling is about. Lots of that and some rural cycling thrown into the pot with the odd minor incident here and there, and what do you have?

A true reflection of cycling in the UK. Of course I'm jumping the gun here, but if that was the outcome, then it will have made a very important point. Cycling is real, viable, fun way to get to and from work. That there are people out there filming it, and that the majority of the time it is incident free.

Perfect!

Of course it might not be like that at all. It might surprise us. We just don't know yet. So instead of second guessing how boring or brilliant it might be, lets don our cameras and see what happens! :biggrin:

Jezston

Über Member
I would be well up for this, sadly I have the day off that day so will unlikely be able to contribute anything of note :sad:

Might just go for a ride anyway!

Top Bottom