Calling all Helmet Cam Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Jonny,

You are absolutely right. It could be a whole load of videos just showing people cycling along. How wonderful would that be! :smile:

Commuting through traffic using your own power, slotting in with traffic, moving with the flow, in fact flowing better than the traffic is all what urban cycling is about. Lots of that and some rural cycling thrown into the pot with the odd minor incident here and there, and what do you have?

A true reflection of cycling in the UK. Of course I'm jumping the gun here, but if that was the outcome, then it will have made a very important point. Cycling is real, viable, fun way to get to and from work. That there are people out there filming it, and that the majority of the time it is incident free.

Perfect!

Of course it might not be like that at all. It might surprise us. We just don't know yet. So instead of second guessing how boring or brilliant it might be, lets don our cameras and see what happens! :biggrin:

Fair enough, so long as it doesn't decend into a "moton/cager" showreel then I'm in too.

Mags, shall we all name the utoob uploads the same way so that the "brand" is pushed about a bit...like "cycle day" or something.

I'd imagine it would be cool if someone searched utoob and found a fair number of vids with the same name and concept.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Good stuff. :biggrin:

I've had quite a few messages on twitter and on my blog from cyclists saying they would take part. Should be interesting to see what we get.

As for not working and riding anyway, tsk, tsk! ;) I might just let them through. :smile:

I'm in the process of setting up a separate blog about this and set up an e-mail that will be used to accept video links etc.

Gaz has promised some help as well which is great as his web skills are much better than mine. However, the web pages will be basic to start with and will improve with time.

Anyway, I'm sure it will take a little time for the videos to trickle through.

Oh and Jonny, you are right, it would be a good idea for all the videos to have a similar start to their name. So 'Cycle Video Day' being part of the video would be a good idea.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I've no working camera right now, but I could let you have a clip that I recorded last summer, filtering past the cars all stuck in a massive tailback stretching down Ferry Road :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Blimey! People are buying cameras just to take part! :ohmy::smile: I should be on commission!

Cycle Video Day now has it's own blog and Gaz has a video promoting it.

I'll update the blog this evening.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
So when you cammers get a really bad incident do you go home with a big smile on your face knowing you have just got some of the best bad driving action on cam , I just get the feeeling some cam cyclist go out delibertly looking for nearly getting mowed down by some nut behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle?

Sounds like fun though a little odd maybe ?

no

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway
So when you cammers get a really bad incident do you go home with a big smile on your face knowing you have just got some of the best bad driving action on cam ,
No, it's always nice when I have nothing to post. The best days are when I have something nice to post.

YahudaMoon said:
I just get the feeeling some cam cyclist go out delibertly looking for nearly getting mowed down by some nut behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle?
Really? Could you link to some of those videos that you "get this feeling" from? It seems such a weird assertion to make. :wacko:

Top Bottom