Calling all Helmet Cam Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
Well I will have been off work for 5 days by monday, and I'll be off Monday anyway, so despite not having a commute to do I'm going to need to exert some energy so I shall be going for a ride anyway and that'll be my contribution.

Jezston

Über Member
OH!

Just a thought, are there other ways all the videos can be linked together, such as perhaps someone does a 'master' video, and all ours are uploaded as 'video responses'?

Jezston

Über Member
Also, anyone with links in the media tipped them off about this?

I think at the end of it we need a running tally of:

# Number of contributors
# Number of issue-free rides
# number of close passes
# number of other vehicle related incidents
# number of crashes

I'd like to see something emerge like:

536 contributors
500 issue-free rides
30 close passes
6 of other vehicle related incidents
0 crashes

zizou

Veteran
Not working on monday but will record a bit of whatever ride i do, even if it is just the road on the way to some mtb trails :biggrin:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
OH!

Just a thought, are there other ways all the videos can be linked together, such as perhaps someone does a 'master' video, and all ours are uploaded as 'video responses'?

I will make a playlist with all of the videos in it, it is easier to browse and share than if everyone does a video response to one video.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Just a quicky, more later... But it might be a good idea if every contributor rated their ride overall. Possibly a mark for how enjoyable the ride was, and how bad the worst driving you encountered was. Both out of 10. Could provide an interesting, if somewhat biased stat.

Gaz, I was also planning on adding a page on the blog with a list of videos and links. It could be grouped in a few different ways, depending on what we get.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Oh and I haven't contacted media yet. I thought it might be better for them to know post event. Unless others think otherwise, or have good contacts.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Gaz, I was also planning on adding a page on the blog with a list of videos and links. It could be grouped in a few different ways, depending on what we get.
Sounds good.
Jezston posted some good ideas at post #66. something along those lines along with a rating would be pretty good :smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Aye I saw that. Good stuff. :smile:

I'll get a blog post up shortly....

(Spot the guy who doesn't get out on Saturdays due to 3 young kids...)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Aye, it is likely to be a wet one for me as well. Mind you, if we can show cycling can be fun in the rain as well, that'd be great! :smile:

In fact I've finally got around to putting my new front mudguard on. So bring on the rain! :biggrin:

Top Bottom