Calling all model kit fans - she's finally done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
Don't tempt me! I'm easily led, very open to powers of suggestion with such wacky ideas.
Get one. It'll be cool :becool: !

Chicks dig that kind of thing!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
IMG_0740.JPG
This is my only remaining Tamiya car.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
IMG_0738.JPG
If you are really serious about RC cars the only one is FG, a German company who offer 1/5 scale models, many different model types with a 29cc petrol engine. I used to build them up for customers, we didn't sell many but with a selling price of around a grand for finished car it's not surprising. Great fun to drive.

IMG_0737.JPG

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 342026 If you are really serious about RC cars the only one is FG, a German company who offer 1/5 scale models, many different model types with a 29cc petrol engine. I used to build them up for customers, we didn't sell many but with a selling price of around a grand for finished car it's not surprising. Great fun to drive.

View attachment 342025
Raced at the local track. Used to be where a supermarket now has it's filling station and part of it's carpark, just outside the town centre.

BRCC held on both tracks.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
View attachment 342021 This is my only remaining Tamiya car.
I'm surprised F1 never really took off in R/C cars, I don't think even Tamiya do one now. I love R/C bikes, still got this -

hr2.jpg

Sold this one a few years ago -

hr1.jpg

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
They resemble the Apollo lunar module. Back in the old days, pre CGI, model makers would often use bits of other kits in the 'detailing'. The Eagle kit is half filming scale and I have the Saturn 5 kit which has a tiny little lunar module to go in the top section. I'm wondering if the model makers back in the 70's used a few Airfix kits?.

It's quite common, and called kitbashing, IIRC.

It's one that the Fire Brigade came round and put up for free eighteen months ago, telling Mrs Stephec it would last for years.

It's now chirping away and it's a sealed unit, so it's going in the bin.

Trouble is the lazy bastards used no more nails type stuff to fix it to the ceiling so the base unit is still there, and will probably knacker the paper if I try and pull it down.

A few months ago, two Derbyshire firemen came to do a fire safety check and fitted a new smoke alarm. They spent a while nattering about our ex-next door neighbour, who is now a fairly senior officer - his lad, about mine and my brother's age, is also a fireman.

Not so long ago, there was a report on the local news about Derbyshire Fire Service and their work in creating a new type of fire alarm that's designed to wake kids up better, apparently inspired by the kids that died after their father set fire to the house a few years ago.

Back on topic, Pa is currently building a 1:24 Harrier GR3, after building the Sea Harrier, a Tonka (Tornado) and the Jaguar I bought him for Christmas. Next up by the looks of things is a 1:24 Mosquito. I'm beginning to hope that I'd be able to live in one of the boxes that Even Bigger Kits come in...

Top Bottom