Calling all model kit fans - she's finally done

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Do the photon torpedo launchers work?
Sadly, no. ST TNG started with a whopping model. I think it was about 10ft long but they had difficulty in handling it, so it got retired and a smaller 4ft version was used for the rest of the show with 'library' shots of the bigger one.

stephec

Legendary Member
Mould has been replaced twice since 2010. Last time for a limited edition, to raise money for it(XH588).
Look at the wing joints, I put loads of filler in and it looked smooth until the paint went on.

The tail's got a load round the base as well.

And as for the engine intakes, and the undercarriage being full of flash.....

That's the latest Airfix kit, I decided on an anti flash white early sixties finish though, instead of camo.

1489767373759-1832985669.jpg

midlife

Guru
Look at the wing joints, I put loads of filler in and it looked smooth until the paint went on.

The tail's got a load round the base as well.

And as for the engine intakes, and the undercarriage being full of flash.....

That's the latest Airfix kit, I decided on an anti flash white early sixties finish though, instead of camo.

View attachment 342896

Just out of curiosity what plane is just out of shot with the nose cone just visible. Looks Russian?

Shaun

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
View attachment 342916 All this talk of Vulcans makes me remember my old foamy Multiplex twin jet ( nearly a delta). It came with two 480 buggy motors and was quite stable easy to fly and great fun.
Painted mine to look a Mig 29 which it quite resembles.
View attachment 342918

Then brushless came along and when so fitted made it quite insane.

View: https://youtu.be/TR4YHRtJcTs

I had one of them too. The early ones as pictured flew much better than the later editions in blue and white, I think they changed the thrust lines a little. I also had a Sonic Liner which was unique and great fun to fly. Current Multiplex fleet includes a TwinStar II and Easy Star for the lad, both brushless and lipo.

Top Bottom