Calling all Mrs Hinch fans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Must be something in that as I'm still using the same pen I used forty years ago. No refill yet.
I still have the Paper mate pen that I had at school 49 years ago. And yes it did get plenty of use.😊

On energy saving---
Showers use a lot less water and energy than baths.
By now everyone should have energy saving light bulbs. They cost more to buy, but use next to no electricity and last for years. Still turn off the lights in rooms not being used though.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Tbh I didn't know such schemes existed - you learn something every day. 👍🙂

Are they universally available?
I think the main thing is the roof has to be strong enough to support them and facing correct way .

Ours was fitted by Ashadegreener.com

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Look at the things you do and cost you money, but don't enjoy and stop doing them.

For us:

1 Christmas festivities.
2 Car ownership.
3 Shopping as a leisure activity.
4 Poor quality meals out.

You make a good point but sadly I do not think that many people are able to do this type of analysis to start with let alone act on it.

It does not matter which financial demographic that people are in, many are just incapable of letting go of things they have become used to as well as being unable to suppress the desire to acquire things they don't need.

All uphill

Still rolling along
You make a good point but sadly I do not think that many people are able to do this type of analysis to start with let alone act on it.

It does not matter which financial demographic that people are in, many are just incapable of letting go of things they have become used to as well as being unable to suppress the desire to acquire things they don't need.
You're right.

Some of our neighbours really don't understand our choices, and a couple of them have offered us used clothes because we are "obviously" hard up!

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
A cheap and efficient way to shower that we had to do in Iraq where we were rationed to one minute of water flow per day:

Put the water on for half a minute, get wet all over, switch it off. Soap up thoroughly everywhere. Now switch the water back on for another half a minute to rinse off.
Saves many, many gallons of water as well as a lot of electricity or gas, and you end up just as fragrant.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A cheap and efficient way to shower that we had to do in Iraq where we were rationed to one minute of water flow per day:

Put the water on for half a minute, get wet all over, switch it off. Soap up thoroughly everywhere. Now switch the water back on for another half a minute to rinse off.
Saves many, many gallons of water as well as a lot of electricity or gas, and you end up just as fragrant.
That's more or less how I use my shower.
My daughter complains about her partner who spends up to 20 minutes in the shower, water running all the time. Hopefully she can get him to be abit more energy efficient now.
Also, there are still vehicle drivers who insist on starting the engine and then letting it idle for minutes to warm the vehicle up. Another big waste of fuel. The quickest way to warm an engine up is to start up and drive away. An engine under load will warm up much quicker.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I cycle everywhere, use candles indoors and never use the heating, don't have TV, broadband.

Also, there are still vehicle drivers who insist on starting the engine and then letting it idle for minutes to warm the vehicle up. Another big waste of fuel. The quickest way to warm an engine up is to start up and drive away. An engine under load will warm up much quicker.
Not to mention the ones who sit there, at the side of the road or in a car park, with the engine running because they can’t manage a few minutes with no heat/cool/music. Often wonder if they pay for their own fuel

Last edited:
Top Bottom