Calling all Ridley owners

Does a 5 year carbon frameset warranty worry you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr.Si

I have a simple question:

Does the 5 year frame warranty worry you when you see that other manufacturers are giving lifetime (to original purchaser) warranties?

Thanks,
Simon

Wilier only give you 5 years as well. They also recommend you replace the handlebars after 2 years as they may break due to fatigue.
I am not too bothered about the 5 year warrenty, if I still have the bike after 5 years then I will have had my moneys worth out of it. I have 2 1/2 years left on mine and I should have replaced the bars by now :smile:

OP
OP
M

Mr.Si

It's probably a case of a smaller company not being able to properly back a lifetime warranty like be-hemoths Giant and Specialized etc.

I've got a Helium sl frame and I'm over the moon with it*,I've also been happy with my ally Icarus as well

*Build thread here; https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/ridley-helium-sl-build-finished.168530/

I have found that actual frame and have been pondering it greatly for a while, but it may be the size too big for me. I might be a 52cm instead of a 54cm. :sad: But it's such a good price that I may have to press the buy button! Then I will be able to customise it.
If it helps, I like the white stem on yours. Is it a comfy ride?

I have found that actual frame and have been pondering it greatly for a while, but it may be the size too big for me. I might be a 52cm instead of a 54cm. :sad: But it's such a good price that I may have to press the buy button! Then I will be able to customise it.
If it helps, I like the white stem on yours. Is it a comfy ride?

The white stem is a bit marmite;some love it,some hate it.I'm still in two minds and might get a black one if it came up at the right price(and size).

I would doubly make sure about the sizing Ridleys tend to come up big and I'd check the reach is ok;I'm 6 ft and the 54/medium is just right although I would probably try the next size stem down(100 from 110mm)than I have now.

It's a lovely ride although probably not as plush as something like a synapse but it's Ridleys endurance bike so it's not too racey.It can push on though and the big bottom bracket section means that even my rubbish watts gets put down.

I did a 73km ride on it Sunday and I was fine even though it was only my second ride of the year and my first for a month.

As Vickster says though I would double check you can fit the 54.

OP
OP
M

Mr.Si

I've just been to a shop in Chichester and seen the CAAD10, so that's added another line of confusion to my mind! It's a SUPERB aluminum bike and has the benefit of hydros (I also like the idea of double tap).

Shame it wasn't in my size. I think size is key, ultimately and I need to be able to go and ride some things.

This thread has put my mind at rest about the 5 year thing though.

Top Bottom