Calling all roadies.....what pedals are you using?

Which pedals are you using on your road bike?

• SPD SL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Speedplays

• Crank Bros

• Time or Look

• Other

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
bonj said:
shimano SPD M540s. Can't be arsed with constantly flip them over all the time, too much of a faff by half. That and not being able to walk in the shoes, and having to have different shoes for my mtb as for my road bike.

Yeah SPDs can be really good pedals too. Especially for older or less confident riders.

domtyler

Über Member
yenrod said:
As an original MTB'er I used SPD's - but then a good friend made me an offer on some Time Equipes, he described them as 'aircraft carriers' and I had them, off him...as I just got more out of 'the road.

Been on TIME ever since and would not ride anything else.

I have thought of riding the road variant of Eggbeaters but TIME..are just outstanding for what is needed for your morphological/skeletal - body !

I find over a beeg ride you can start off with your feet in one position but on the way back they totally change and incrementally on the ride too, so the sideways AND angular movement works extremely well together.

You are only doing yourself an dis-service if you DONT ride Time.

Though, I aint tried the off-road pedals.

?????????????????????

domtyler said:
?????????????????????

Have I missed something somewhere, having now come across this 3 times :rolleyes:

Incidentally which class of SPD rider have you got me in. 'old' or 'less confident'?

Mind you M540's are for lazy people with flat handlebars ;)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I use SPS-SLs on both bikes but in my spares box I have two sets of Looks, one set of SPDs, one set of VP road SPDs and a pair of Time Impacts plus another set of SPD-SLs. I also have three pairs of shoes.

Don't ask.

jashburnham

Speedplay all the way.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
SPDs of various types. ritcheys on the road bike, shimano on the MTB and single sided / flat on the other on the commuting / pub bike. With my climbing prowess, I need something I can walk in.

ChrisKH

Guru
Looking to switch out of the SPD's on my road bike. Obvious alternatives are Look, Time or Speedplay. But which one? Choice will be weighted by the most suitable pedals for dodgy knees.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Got Look Keos on my Giant. They hang verticle so when you get used to it you can clip in easy. I like them, and have got used to them, still takes me a few times to get going on the hill i live on though, but only sometimes.

3 x Look Keo's (Carbon on best bike, black 'grey-import' Classics on TT bike, Classics on winter bike)

Onza SPD's from early 90's on MTB

The Keo Classics on the winter bike are far more difficult to get into than the other two pairs on the other bikes, as they spin far too easily on their axles and don't always present themselves 'hanging' at the right angle to clip in. They weren't always like this and I assume they need regreasing - if I could work-out the tool I need to get them apart I'd do it.

Crappy old plastic pedals (you know the really cheapo ones you get on a cheapo bike) on my winter bike - much to Noodleys surprise the other day when he saw them!;)

Nice Keo Sprints on the good Summer bike

and .....spd's on the MTB

Top Bottom