Calling all roadies.....what pedals are you using?

Which pedals are you using on your road bike?

• SPD SL

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Speedplays

• Crank Bros

• Time or Look

• Other

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

yenrod said:
BTW: STEVEB - you should not have put Look & Time together they are totally different systems of pedal.

I did this for my purpose mate;)....the word 'or' distingusides the two different types which was all I needed.

I assumed they would be the most popular with roadies and thus the remaining types of pedal would stand out more to me.
I'm surprised not more people are using Speedplays.
The Look/Time pedals are soemthing I'll also consider.

In an ideal world I'd like a dual sided light weight pedal thats easy to engage/disengage and has a cleat no bigger than SPD-SL. ;)....but I'm being fussy it seems.

stevenb said:
I did this for my purpose mate;)....the word 'or' distingusides the two different types which was all I needed.

I assumed they would be the most popular with roadies and thus the remaining types of pedal would stand out more to me.
I'm surprised not more people are using Speedplays.
The Look/Time pedals are soemthing I'll also consider.

In an ideal world I'd like a dual sided light weight pedal thats easy to engage/disengage and has a cleat no bigger than SPD-SL. ;)....but I'm being fussy it seems.

I guess you haven't looked at thier price list then...

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

Price isn't an issue at all.
It's the all attributes Im looking for that appeal the most.
:smile:
I just wondered what you guys thought were best for you.
It seems that some like the same pedal type and wouldnt change it...fair enough indeed.;)

wafflycat

I use basic Look delta cleats with assorted Look pedals to take said cleats on my differing steeds. Husband uses spds and the offspring uses Speedplay Zero (CSC ones), him being CSC's number one fan in the entire universe..

bonj2

yenrod said:
The Eggbeater roadies are dual sided aint they ;)

aren't they quadrasided?

Will1985

Über Member
Look PP206s (Delta) on roadie, Look A3.1s (Delta) on the TT bike.

Fixed and MTB both have SPDs.

I like the SPDs for their size and lack of mud collecting, while the Looks are really nice for anything longer than 20 miles....I start to feel a pressure point with softer soled Tahos.

walker

I've got 3 different time pedals on 3 different bikes going from the top daddy carbon pro ones down to the cheaper less flashy £30 cheapies

Keo carbons on my best bike, Keo classics on my TT bike, flats on the fixie and SPDs on the mountain bike that almost never gets used off road.

The Keos will take over in the end.

f

Top Bottom