Calling all "shinies..."

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
Blimey, that's about 20p a day, £1.50 a week...sounds pretty good to me

Its all relative innit. done in dribs n drabs it wouldn't have been noticed but a large number on the bottom of the bill :eek: It also gave me a chance to use the low reading torque wrench I had to buy for work ( its a sealey and goes from 2 to 24 Newton metres..... and i was surprised how good I am at getting in the range specified for components after being told by lots of people here i couldn't possibly be :whistle:

it rides luvverly though. pity i am diving all weekend or I would be going for a nice long ride.

wonder how long on the towpath it will take before its bollixed again !

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Well, I've just cleaned it again!
Quick rinse, degrease the chainset with WD40, wash everything down in hot soapy water then rinse off.
Thorough clean of the drivechain with hot soapy water, hose down, then dry everything with Blue roll.
Next, I applied ACF-50 to almost everything, wiped down and left to dry.
Then, re-lubed the drivetrain, all pivot points and a solvent clean of the rims.

I can't do any more than that, my time is short enough as it is and if it turns into a major chore then I'll end up just not bothering again.
Still, it's all clean and shiny, and a big improvement over NEVER cleaning the commuter!

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Well, I've just cleaned it again!
Quick rinse, degrease the chainset with WD40, wash everything down in hot soapy water then rinse off.
Thorough clean of the drivechain with hot soapy water, hose down, then dry everything with Blue roll.
Next, I applied ACF-50 to almost everything, wiped down and left to dry.
Then, re-lubed the drivetrain, all pivot points and a solvent clean of the rims.

That will be my weekly regime.

I can't do any more than that, my time is short enough as it is and if it turns into a major chore then I'll end up just not bothering again.
Still, it's all clean and shiny, and a big improvement over NEVER cleaning the commuter!

Top Bottom