Calling all squash players - Raquet help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all,

I'm new to the game and I like it enough to buy a raquet. Now, what should I get - I want something nice, but bear in mind that I'm new to the sport so the poor thing might get belted off of a wall.

Advice appreciated.

AM.

OP
OP
Absinthe Minded
Go to Sportsworld. for some reason they don't seem to know how much they should charge for racquets. So you can get a nice carbon one very cheaply.

Decathlon are also good.
Thanks, MP. Very helpful of you. So, anything else to look for, i.e. brand, price?

col

Legendary Member
Get the cheapest you can at first,with the biggest face,as it will probably be destroyed after your first few games,hitting the wall and floors as you try to get those balls close to them,then when your getting a bit better at it,get a another one,but maybe go for a dearer one this time.

monnet

Guru
I'll second Sportsworld. I was in your position about a year ago Absinthe and went in and a bought a Dunlop carbon one for £25, not realising what I'd bought -just thinking I'd got a reasonable value raquet that wasn't the very cheapest. My more experienced squash playing mates were amazed at my new raquet and couldn't believe how much I'd paid for it.

OP
OP
Absinthe Minded
MP, bonj, col. monnet,

Great, thank you all for the advice - I'll be hot-footing it off to treat myself soon. Good on yers...

Top Bottom