Calling all Time Triallists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Have hit an unexpected hurdle with the Campag back to zero shifters. Playing around with them prior to install I have managed to unsynchronise the ratchets. Total DOH moment :banghead:

This is what they look like right now

P1060120.jpg

So a heads up for anyone planning to install these! Do not mess around with the ratchet until you have them cabled up!

Awaiting delivery of heavy-duty monkey wrench which the nice man from Campag reckons is an essential item to get them back to pre-install settings.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Doh !

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
The man from Campag knows his shoot. A mere hour of fettling and we have two functional shifters up and running!

Happy :smile:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
You've inspired me to fit the clip-on aero bars to the Supersix. I tried last week but gave up because they are fiddly. I'm off to do a fast flat ride this afternoon and will hope for the best.

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Omar has just ridden his first miles. Much tweaking and tightening as you would expect, but finally got to a point where the position feels usable, and all unwanted noises eliminated. The one that took me the longest to find were the valves rattling around in the aero rims. Sounded really ominous too.

On target to ride the last two club 10s, having closed out my road season. National Series XC race tomorrow, and from September it's straight into the cross season.

Pictures as soon as I find the time to take some.

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Just a lot position tweaking to sort out, here's a a first approximation at a ride-able set up. Weighing in at 8.3 kg which is not too bad considering some of the kit compromises.

f1.jpg

f2.jpg

f3.jpg

f4.jpg

f5.jpg

f6.jpg

Attachments

• f2.jpg
    f2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Took Omar to work today. Strava file.

He's fast, considering this is a guessed position, no other aero gear and really just a tempo ride. 25 miles in 1 hr 10 minutes, which includes junctions, traffic and an altercation with a taxi driver who pulled out in front of me at 45 mph :eek:

thom

____
After last night's breakthrough session back on track
Looks like a cold war stealth bomber !

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
Club 10 last night. Slow conditions, a new PB but only by 20 seconds. Partly due to conditions, and partly the position I have is still not great. Need to find a way to open up my hip angle a little bit more.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I wouldn't worry about your hip angle too much right now, it doesn't look that closed (you are going to have to train into it anyway), I would worry about your lollypop (head). Get it down!

Either move arms forward, or arse back and learn to shrug. It will drop your head.

Post up some pics on the turbo, head on and from the side riding hard and after a few mins of riding, i.e. maybe video it and take some stills, or post the video.

OP
OP
VamP

VamP

Banned
I wouldn't worry about your hip angle too much right now, it doesn't look that closed (you are going to have to train into it anyway), I would worry about your lollypop (head). Get it down!

Either move arms forward, or arse back and learn to shrug. It will drop your head.

Post up some pics on the turbo, head on and from the side riding hard and after a few mins of riding, i.e. maybe video it and take some stills, or post the video.

I have changed quite a lot since that pic. I'll try to get some more pics over the weekend. My head is not usually in that position though. At least I don't think it is.

Good news that I can train into this position, I was definitely feeling the pain 20 minutes into the TT!

Top Bottom