Calling any Kenisis Grandfondo Ti V3 owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Im looking specifically for a photo detailing the short outer cable run from the top tube to the rear brake caliper, non disc version please.

Ive just started to build mine up and I just cannot seem to get the cable to sit right? Part of the problem is that the cable runs part way through the top tube and the exit points are angled quite severely downwards and at a slight angle facing outwards.

Consequently instead of the brake cable sitting flush or quite close to the frame, its looping outwards and looks awful! I tried differing lengths of cable in 5mm steps and I have yet to find any sort of happy medium, hence the request to see what others look like.

I also have a similar problem at the front end, where the cables run internally through the carbon bars but exit quite along way from the stem, hence I have a larger than I would like loop going into the top tube. As with the rear exit point, its isn't helped by the angle of the ferrule/insert welded into the frame being at a rather acute angle. So instead of the cable flowing into and out of the top tube sort of parallel to the ground, the cable has to go up and then bend down inside the top tube.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member

vickster

Legendary Member
Can Kinesis help if you contact directly?

Didn’t you give up on getting the frame though?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Can Kinesis help if you contact directly?

Didn’t you give up on getting the frame though?

They will just refer me to the dealer that supplied the frame, which in fairness I haven't done as yet as I cannot get into the shop till the weekend.

Yes sort of, the initial saga was with a Kinesis Ti disc frame some 18 months ago. Then I had a change of direction hence why I then opted for the Trek SL8.

However, when my Ridley frame snapped a few months ago I had to get a replacement everyday frame pretty quickly so I bought a Kinesis aluminium T3 frame from Merlin. I have to say its a super frame and rides like a absolute dream. Add that to the fact that the dam Ti itch just wouldn't go away gentle nudged me back to looking at Ti frames once again and given how brilliant the Kinesis T3 rides, the Ti version seemed be the natural choice, oh and the fact that I had rather a good deal on one.

Venod

Eh up
I bought a Kinesis aluminium T3 frame from Merlin. I have to say its a super frame and rides like a absolute dream. Add that to the fact that the dam Ti itch just wouldn't go away gentle nudged me back to looking at Ti frames once again and given how brilliant the Kinesis T3 rides, the Ti version seemed be the natural choice, oh and the fact that I had rather a good deal on one.

I find Kinesis frames suit me, I first had a Pro 6 as a winter build, not long after adding a Gran Fondo MK1, the Gran Fondo was designed to take guards with 23mm but I ran it with 25mm the guards were very close, as I was appreciating the bigger tyres on my other bikes I sold the Gran Fondo frame and replaced it with the latest Pro 6, that is running 32mm with guards with loads of clearance, its a great ride.

Always fancied a Ti tripster, but no room in the stable at the moment.

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
I find Kinesis frames suit me, I first had a Pro 6 as a winter build, not long after adding a Gran Fondo MK1, the Gran Fondo was designed to take guards with 23mm but I ran it with 25mm the guards were very close, as I was appreciating the bigger tyres on my other bikes I sold the Gran Fondo frame and replaced it with the latest Pro 6, that is running 32mm with guards with loads of clearance, its a great ride.

Always fancied a Ti tripster, but no room in the stable at the moment.

I hoping that with the TRP RG957 brakes I can squeeze 28mm tyres and mudguards on it?

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
Yep, I can confirm that 28mm Pro4 Endurance tyres will fit comfortably using 35mm Blumels and TRP RG957 brake calipers :bravo: In fact the matt finish of the mudguards works really well with the matt finish on the TRP brakes....well chuffed :dance:

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
20180905_202101_resized.jpg

OP
OP
AlanW

AlanW

Guru
This shows the angle of the rear brake cable as it exits the top tube, it would really have been better if it was more parallel to the top tube
20180905_202024_resized.jpg

Top Bottom