Calling BOB trailer owners

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mangid

Guru
What are the dimensions of the bobbin ? I have a cheap and cheerful 'adventure' trailer which hooks on to 9mm extensions of a custom quick release:

23795.jpg

I'm looking to get a new bike, and they seem to come with thru axles these days (or at least the ones I'm looking at). So I am wondering if the Robert Axle Project thru axles with Bob bobbins will work. The narrow part is 9mm diameter, and it needs to be at least 11mm wide.

Tim Hall

I'll have a measure this evening.

Tim Hall

What are the dimensions of the bobbin ? I have a cheap and cheerful 'adventure' trailer which hooks on to 9mm extensions of a custom quick release:

View attachment 400055

I'm looking to get a new bike, and they seem to come with thru axles these days (or at least the ones I'm looking at). So I am wondering if the Robert Axle Project thru axles with Bob bobbins will work. The narrow part is 9mm diameter, and it needs to be at least 11mm wide.
Right, sorry for the delay, I kept forgetting. The narrow part of a BobNut is 12mm diameter or thereabouts.

OP
OP
mangid

mangid

Guru
Right, sorry for the delay, I kept forgetting. The narrow part of a BobNut is 12mm diameter or thereabouts.

Cheers Tim.

I dropped the Robert Axle Project an email and they got back within a day. It looks like I can replace the forks (yoke?) with Bob trailer forks, so my N+1 dream is still alive :-) Just in discussions over how much I can spend on what is notionally the home commuter bike that may occasionally be left unattended ....

Top Bottom