Calling CycleChat runners... shoe advice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Fun runner, not a racer, big unit, 20 - 25km a week when on song. Max distance in one go would be a 10km run. No real long distance stuff.

On road I wear New Balance 1226 stability shoes
Off road (and when I was rugby reffing on the rugby pitch) I wear New Balance 783 stability trail shoes.

My last pair (I bought 3) of the 783's are now reaching the end of their life and with the change of the seasons I'll be running more and cycling less as a way to keep fit.

What would you recommend as a replacement trail show for the 783's preferable from the NB range? Budget around the £50 mark.

EDIT: Not interested in minimal shoes, just not for me or my ankles.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Found some NOS Montrail stability trail shoes with a degree of waterproofing from the usual place on-line.

Ian A

Über Member
That's a tough question. Running shoes are very individual. There's no substitute for trying them on. I started with neutral, lightweight flexible running shoes to see how I got on and the answer was fine. I was parricularly interested in not heel stamping so much. Not for everyone though. If you have a recommendation of a good running shop I'd try that. That will have trainers you haven't thought of and generally know what they a talking about. I went into mine for a pair of Walsh's and left with some La Sportiva trainers which I would have never considered. They turned out to be superb. Most brands offer something good.

Top Bottom