Calling dog owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
How often to you buy toys for your beloved dogs? Molly gets a new toy practically every Friday because her toys don't last long. She chews them up rather quickly although she has had a green plastic snake for a while now and it is still lasting.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get a proper big bone or a kong?

si_c

Guru
My old dog had plenty of toys and ignored most of them, but give him one of those smoked filled bones and he'd be happy for a week.

My Sister has a doberman, nothing lasts. Depends on the Dog.

Kajjal

Guru
Our terrier destroys most dog proof toys in minutes, we took one back and the shop thought we must have a huge dog. It also gets annoyed when dogs walk past the garden and “trims” the hedge at the same time. There is nothing growing on the hedge below about three feet. It ate a dog proof pig toy and the squeaker got stuck inside it which resulted in it exploding from both ends. It also tried to swallow a pigs ear whole and I had to reach into it to drag it out before it choked to death.

We just buy really tough toys and cross our fingers. To be fair apart from the hedge trimming and toy destruction everything else is fine.

Listen to Vickster. Get a Kong. A black one, not a red one. My dog eats a tennis ball in 3 minutes, but a black Kong lasts three or four years. Red ones, not much longer than a tennis ball. I like the "rating" on the black Kongs too - "for extreme chewers".

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I don't like her to use the same toys all the time so diversity keeps her busy. She has a Kong too but ignores it now. Cocker Spaniels are renowned for destroying everything but to be fair, she never has a go at furniture and very good in the car.

Drago

Legendary Member
Field lab, which means even "indestructible" toys last mere minutes.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just be careful she doesn’t end up with a load of Chinese plastic in her gut or damaging her mouth

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
BF2411FB-C8F6-4F45-A5D3-E51DD80EBDE5.jpeg
We have a Whippet, all of their spare time is spent sleeping. Toys last forever.

Smudge

Veteran
My Staffy can chew through almost any toy in no time. The one toy that does last him a long time is a Boomer Ball, but even those he will persevere and persevere until he finally puts a hole in it, then its not far away from being obliterated.

Top Bottom