Calling dog owners.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
IMG_20190505_104622106_BURST000_COVER~2.jpg

The attack terrier looks cute, so I'm told, but he can destroy most toys in seconds.
Oddly, the only ones that consistently survive are a £1 spiky ball from Wilko, or some "whistling" rubber balls from Home Bargains.
Anything else gets destroyed, Kong included.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Surely this is very much dog dependent.
My brothers British bulldog will destroy almost any dog toy in minutes where as my friends French bulldog is far easier on his chewy toys.

AndreaJ

Veteran
Our spaniel doesn't destroy toys anymore he seemed to grow out of the habit so has lots of toys, the border collie puppy on the other hand loves pulling stuffing out of toys but both dogs will play with most toys. I have found ( after extensive research ie. buying lots of toys) most of the Kong branded toys last pretty well and even Orla the puppy hasn't managed to trash them yet although she is trying. Orla's favourite toy is a squeaky space hopper and Louis's is a fluffy duck.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
A big no no that. A friend's dog had to have rope removed by the vet, using a knife and other unspeakable instruments of surgery.
:eek:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My shepherd x husky likes to strip the fur off of tennis balls, after chewing the squeaky bit to death. The lurcher x collie just likes to chase things. As a solution, he gets the ball at the park only as does she. At home a rope bone to chase for her, and a squeaky toy for him, but supervised play, and removed before destruction. Had the same squeaky ball for about 4 years now, he loves it.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My Jackshit (Jack Russell/Shih Tzu) doesn't bother with toys or hard dog chews. Neither did my two JR's before him. I wonder if toys are a big dog thing? I gave him this rock hard bone shaped thing to chew. It took him half an hour to nibble one corner and he did that with a look on his face as if to say what the feck is it?!. I took the thing down my local pub to give it to the brown labrador pub dog. It ate the whole thing in about 15 minutes.:ohmy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Molly will chase balls at home, in the garden, but can't be bothered anywhere else, beach , park or woods. She just follows her nose then or just runs for the sake of running.

Drago

Legendary Member
A local chap has Great Danes, and feeds them burglars as a play toy.

A few years back he'd come him to find his house had been broken into. It looked like they'd got in one room but the dogs had gone nuts at him and prevented him from entering the rest of the house.

One of the dogs developed a cough and went off its food, so a few days later the chap took the dog to the vets. The vet discovered half a human hand, thumb and forefinger, wedged in the dogs throat. My how we all cheered when that crime was raised at morning briefing, although we never discovered who the hapless burglar was.

So next time your dog needs a play toy simply feed him or her a burglar.

Top Bottom