Calls for the burka to be banned...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's not a Burka, it's a ninja.

The ninja may be wearing a Burka as a disguise.

Jezston

Über Member
Yes. You are allowed to wear what you want.

The government should not be mandating what people are allowed to wear.

The French ban will get quashed by the european court of human rights.

The right wing will again push against the concept of 'human rights'.

The spiral continues.

PaulB

Legendary Member
The burka's a good idea though for the profits made by the Post Office. If the burka was to be banned the walking reminder for you to post a letter would have disappeared. Look on it as a walking sandwich-board reminder.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The burka's a good idea though for the profits made by the Post Office. If the burka was to be banned the walking reminder for you to post a letter would have disappeared. Look on it as a walking sandwich-board reminder.

Scoring 0.000000001 on the laughometer

Yes. You are allowed to wear what you want.

The government should not be mandating what people are allowed to wear.

The French ban will get quashed by the european court of human rights.

The right wing will again push against the concept of 'human rights'.

The spiral continues.

I'd be interested to know what percentage of burka wearing women are doing so freely, by their own choice and how many are be forced to be their spouses and family? Would a ban provide support to those women who do not wish to wear a burka?

rusky

CC Addict
I don't see a problem with the burka as long as wearing it doesn't mean flounting laws, like the turban & morot cycle helmet issue.

More seriously...

It is interesting how most of the real advocates are "converts" rather than life long Muslims.

Also of note i show many moderates claim that there is nothing in the religious texts that means the enclosed dress has to be worn.

Apart from that I have no problem per se, but do have reservations in some circumstances where the lack of facial recognition can be a problem. Banks, shops and airlines for instance, perhaps less reasonable is the "cultural need" to have facial signs as communication. Hospitals, job interviews and a whole raft of other situations where much of the communication is through expression rather than what is said.

Top Bottom