calluses on my paws..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peloquin

I was horsing around with a work collegue last night and during a bout of arm-wrestling he commented on the 3 calluses on my left hand ;) I tried to explain to him it was due to my cycling hard-core, but he said that he has never suffered a callus even though he rides regular (which he does) so, he said, my calluses must be down to something else (we stopped arm wrestling at that point).
Does anyone here get calluses, just at the point where the palms meet the fingers, or am I doing sumthing wrong?
I have always worn my chiba cycling gloves which has a protective strip running across right where i get my calluses also, so thats really strannge...:smile:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
No calluses here. Used to get them from cricket, but never cycling.....

OP
OP
peloquin

peloquin

Wow u must play cricket hardcore! Do you wear gloves alot, while you playing cricket?

OP
OP
peloquin

peloquin

well im definately not putting my hands under much stress and pressure you cricketers do!
I did a search and a tip comes up to put Talc in my gloves to reduce the friction? Ill try it and see if it works!

bonj2

when mtbing for 3 hours or more get them at the base of the fingers on the palm side. but not road bikeriding.

D

Deleted member 1258

Got calluses on both hands, under the middle two fingers out of the four. Not got them from cycling though. Got them from years of manual work

OP
OP
peloquin

peloquin

Gerry try wearing cyclegloves with some talc inside.
I've since started doing this and the friction which causes (blisters &) calluses has ceased :wacko:

Top Bottom