Calorie counting apps..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I have belatedly decided to try and get a few pounds (stone) off and am looking for a decent app to help me out.

I've used myfitnesspal in the past with good success, is there anything better?

Thanks.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hey Potsy.
If myfitnesspal worked for you then why not carry on using it?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You did splendidly well about 10 years ago using your bike as your app(liance!)... :whistle:

:okay:

Let's look forward to a post-Covid 2021 (?), in which situation I would start organising forum rides again. I'll make sure to include some 50 km - 50 mile routes as well as the usual 100 km - 100 mile ones so feel free to come on over for them?

(You did keep at least one bike didn't you? If not, put the mistake right and buy a new one! :laugh:)

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
You did splendidly well about 10 years ago using your bike as your app(liance!)... :whistle:

:okay:

Let's look forward to a post-Covid 2021 (?), in which situation I would start organising forum rides again. I'll make sure to include some 50 km - 50 mile routes as well as the usual 100 km - 100 mile ones so feel free to come on over for them?

(You did keep at least one bike didn't you? If not, put the mistake right and buy a new one! :laugh:)
Yes I kept a bike or three back just in case, though I'm not sure a single speed or mtb would be much use on your rides ^_^

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I've started using the Samsung Health App that comes with my phone and it seems to work. It has presets for popular foods -Kellogs Special K etc but also allows you to input your own figures. I'm trying to get from 17st down to 15st so it's set me a target of 2086 calories a day, easily achievable. 3 weeks in and I've lost 9lbs.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Forgot about this, 6 months on and I'm still using Myfitnesspal.

Maybe not as strictly the last month or so but it has definitely helped again.

Significant weight loss, and have now hit a figure that I never thought was possible, weight now low enough to start cycling again ^_^

Long way to go but happy I started the journey!

Top Bottom