Camal Pak when on my Road Bike

Do you Use a Camal Pak on long rides?

• Yes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 20 83.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaykun85

Hey..

I have been debating weather or not to use my camel Pack when out on the road bike.
I used to use my MTB a lot so it came in really handy to store what i needed for my trip as well as keep me hydrated.

So can i use it on my road bike when out on a long ride as so much easier to have a drink from that than thumble for my bottle.

Would this be accepted or would i be glared at with the audacity to use such a device ?

MikeW-71

Veteran
No reason why you can't. Some may look at you a bit funny, but that's their problem not yours. :smile:

Personally, I don't. Water bottles, jersey pockets and saddlebag take care of everything. If you find it difficult to drink from a bottle when on the move, just stop and drink instead.

On the MTB however, I always use the backpack.

si_c

Guru
I take one with me, as my road bike only has one set of bottle cage mounts. I only put a litre or so in it, plus waterproof etc, used to carrying a bag for my commutes anyway.

wonderloaf

Veteran
I use a cheap Trespass hydration pack when out on my road bike, find it very useful for carrying the toolkit, tubes, munchies, etc. Better than trying to cram it into three pockets on the back of your jersey. ^_^

Who cares what other people think as long as you're enjoying yourself and not getting in other peoples way?

Jimidh

Veteran
I use one as a rucksack occasionally on my commute if I need to take in anything for work.

I wouldn't use one on a normal road ride though but each to their own.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have been doing it for 15 years and nobody has ever said anything to me about it!

Here is the former fat version of me in action on the new promenade at Blackpool ...

little-and-large-jpg.2068.jpg

(Interestingly that picture shows what I had suspected - that I do not sit straight on my bike! My left leg is significantly shorter than the right and I think I subconsciously twist round to make it easier to reach down that side.)

Top Bottom